Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

You're not really backing that up with anything. Probably because there isn't anything to back it up with.

Both have had good/bad spells. Both are overhyped by the media. Both have made some good signings and some bloody awful ones. Both have spent big money at times and gone on to underachieve.

What I will say about martinez is he isn't afraid of losing - probably why hes actually won something.

That's probably because he is so used to it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Interview with CNN yesterday suggested we had our man and would announce in the next 48 hours.

My F5 button is overworked.

I think the problem is XIA has given a lot of interview - these are picked by the press not always in date order.

I don't want to get on Xia case - but he does seem a little naive (in a good way) - Was the above an assumption that Moyes would take the job ? -

Over the weekend - he was promising an appointment this week, - at the time of the announcement he said 2 weeks - I am just waiting for:-

"we want it done quickly - but its important we get the right man'  

27 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

People really need to get over the job he did at Everton

You keep banging on about Martinez's ONE good season., yet you're saying people need to get over the job Moyes did. That logic is incredible.

Moyes beat that season (4th) and finished much higher with a worse squad on a regular basis. Yet you're here slamming Moyes and defending Martinez to the hilt.

Martinez has taken Everton backwards with better players. It's remarkable.

Edited by StefanAVFC

47 minutes ago, hippo said:

How can they ? - If Hollis has a dosier saying 'Pearson' - How can he then appoint RDM ? - whilst the takeover isn't 100% - Say the worst happens the deal collapses - Hollis then has a manager in place he doesn't really want. So Xia must wait until assumes full control - before appointing his own man - best case scenario middle of next week ? - worst case Late June....hope it doesn't go beyond that.

They will have a meeting, discuss, make a decision and appoint someone - they cannot afford to wait to late June!  As our Tony says "the season is coming very soon."  Yesterday on CNN Xia  said 'We have talked to a couple of very good candidates and I think we will decide in maybe just a couple of days.”   (3.08-3:40).

PS. that women is so annoying....
Edited by Gary Thomas

16 minutes ago, mwj said:

The Tom Ross interview? That's the exact opposite conclusion I came to from that interview. 

To me it was Hollis saying "I still have to emphasise that I am Chairman for legal reasons but reading between the lines Xia is now making the decisions"

Yes thats the one. I'll have another listen, but i seem to remember TR asking him specifically if he could/would appoint a manager without Tony's approval, to which he was quite adamant about the fact that he was still Chairman and had his own preference, he seemed pretty clear. 

I'll have another listen.

1 hour ago, midian said:

Pearson now 1/3 to be Derby's next manager,so if there is another choice apart from RDM I would like to know who

Neil Warnock

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

They will have a meeting, discuss, make a decision and appoint someone - they cannot afford to wait to late June!  As our Tony says "the season is coming very soon."  Yesterday on CNN Tony Xia  said 'We have talked to a couple of very good candidates and I think we will decide in maybe just a couple of days.”   (3.08-3:40).

Hes so much better than Randy, he never could have pulled a shirt like that off!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

They will have a meeting, discuss, make a decision and appoint someone - they cannot afford to wait to late June!  As our Tony says "the season is coming very soon."  Yesterday on CNN Xia  said 'We have talked to a couple of very good candidates and I think we will decide in maybe just a couple of days.”   (3.08-3:40).

I hope its the next couple of days. But if they don't reach agreement this could drag on.

I m sorry we appear to have missed out on Pearson - I think Derby will be very strong next season.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That was said before Moyes ruled himself out though, wasn't it? 

I'm not sure to be honest mate. Though its been widely reported is there any substance or quotes about Moyes ruling himself out?

Just now, av1 said:

I'm not sure to be honest mate. Though its been widely reported is there any substance or quotes about Moyes ruling himself out?

No it's mainly come through Pat Murphy who has been spot on with the Villa in recent months.  It's as good as having quotes IMO.

I heard him say in one of the interviews that the search had been comprehensive and has been going on for a few months. If that's the case, I find it hard to believe the only people in contention are Pearson, RDM and Moyes?

1 hour ago, av1 said:

@HeyAnty No, An interview with Xia suggesting it is a 2 horse race consisting of RDM and an unnamed other. People assuming it could be Martinez on the grounds he has just become available. 

Wasnt these quotes taken right before Moyes rejected us? i think thats who he was implying to there

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would be absolutely great out of nowhere Flores was appointed, I would love him to be our next manager. 

I think he is quite up high in the betting.

A few online polls are suggesting that Pearson is a much more popular choice than RDM - I wonder of Xia's eagerness to please may make him pause here ? 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I feel bad that he has had to answer the same questions, over, and over again. Have his credentials questioned, over and over again. Yuo can see he is obviously not comfortable.

Appoint RDM and his credentials will be questioned over and over ! 

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

You're not really backing that up with anything. Probably because there isn't anything to back it up with.

Yeah sure, that's why :D

Or it's because it's **** obvious.

He's had more than one good season for a start.