Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I'd be happy enough with Di Matteo. He's managed at the highest level in top European leagues, he's won the Champions League, he's got teams promoted from the Championship. He's still relatively young and comes across as an intelligent guy. Most importantly, he'd probably consider managing a side in the lower leagues. 

He ticks an awful lot of boxes for me and is a much more impressive candidate than Pearson. 

Im happy with Di Mateo, if he could handle the ego,s at Chelski then he can handle our lot.

5 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Ah yes, the VT maxim "shit until proven otherwise and then skeptical"

Nope. I said "proved nothing either way". Not long enough in the job to gauge how good a chairman he is.

But if you want to hail him as a god because he simply sacked one board and replaced them with another, go ahead.

Edited by Isa

Moyes, Pearson, RDM. We're setting our sights too low lads. Now we've got Dr Tone on board with his hundreds of billions of £'s, we should be looking to poach Guardiola from under City's nose!!!!

• Like 1

Rodgers would be amazing. But can't see it. Same with Moyes. I've got no problem with RDM or Pearson. 

Go up or stay down I doubt the manager we employ next will be here more than 2-3 years anyway. 

I heard on SSN last night that Celtic were close to naming their new manager, and it would be revealed in the next couple of days. Do we think that the Celtic and Villa announcement may be linked, depending on who goes for who? I would imagine that Celtic are more of a draw at this moment in time due to CL football on offer, so we may be waiting on Moyes or Rodgers, who in turn are waiting to hear on the Celtic job. However, the bookies still feel that RDM is the clear favourite so maybe the delay in announcing is down to fine print in the t's&c's of his contract?

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

SSN think Moyes isnt willing to come to the championship. Oh well if that is the case I would say with Hughton signing   afour year contract, I think its between Pearson and RDM for it. 

I think SSN is talking out of their arse. IIRC the information about Moyes being interested in Villa came out AFTER we were officially relegated (and even then we have been down for 2 months prior) so I think he was very clear to come to us he would need to be in the Championship. 

They also were saying yesterday an appointment was imminent which leads me to think that their source hasn't been as good as they thought. The article For those that are interested (it was posted in the takeover thread) strikes me as them covering their backs and damage limitation. 

Out of the list of "favourites" I would be "content" with most for now except for McClaren. Not happy with all but I think at least the rest of them (with appropriate backing) can make us challenge next season which has to be the goal. Given the Everton connection that appears to be with the Board I still think Moyes maybe the choice, though I would have thought if it was set up already he would have already been announced. More than likely no one had been identified beforehand and we are likely looking at little while before the Manager is appointed.