Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think many people, if any, have suggested Pearson is an awful manager.

Just that he'd be an awful appointment.

There's a difference.

Not really, if he is awful appointment then that means he would be a awful manager to have. But anyway no point arguing over something so pointless like that :) 

I did like your suggestion of Alladyce though. I would go for him if he is available. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think many people, if any, have suggested Pearson is an awful manager.

Just that he'd be an awful appointment.

There's a difference.

Interestingly, I've just read the BBC Sport article on Leicester City doing so well because of SCIENCE.  One little passage stood out given our situation and the Pearson link:

"

Way credits Pearson for assembling the backroom team, which has fostered a culture where players are accountable for their own actions. Sprint scores are presented to the group en masse, midweek five-a-side tables are published and players watch clips of each other's performances.

"It's about empowering the players to make decisions for themselves rather than ruling over them," said Reeves. "It helps with the group culture and the fighting spirit."

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189778

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really, if he is awful appointment then that means he would be a awful manager to have. But anyway no point arguing over something so pointless like that :) 

I disagree.

Just like I don't think Garde is an awful manager, but he was an awful appointment.

• Like 1

Interestingly there have been a lot of Leicester fans on the radio for obvious reasons and the question they get asked a lot is "How much credit does Pearson take".

Everyone I have heard said he deserves a lot however he had no plan B and they needed more tactical nous to push on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Interestingly, I've just read the BBC Sport article on Leicester City doing so well because of SCIENCE.  One little passage stood out given our situation and the Pearson link:

"

Way credits Pearson for assembling the backroom team, which has fostered a culture where players are accountable for their own actions. Sprint scores are presented to the group en masse, midweek five-a-side tables are published and players watch clips of each other's performances.

"It's about empowering the players to make decisions for themselves rather than ruling over them," said Reeves. "It helps with the group culture and the fighting spirit."

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189778

It is interesting.

But crucially the credit seems to be very much at the feet of the backroom staff and how Ranieri has used them this season.

So Pearson deserves credit for assembling the staff, but it's noteworthy that it's staff he won't have with him here.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It is interesting.

But crucially the credit seems to be very much at the feet of the backroom staff and how Ranieri has used them this season.

So Pearson deserves credit for assembling the staff, but it's noteworthy that it's staff he won't have with him here.

It's more the culture aspect that I found interesting.  He brought in a backroom team and made them a focal point in operations, rather than a bit part.  If players don't perform, it's on them.  The staff is the important part, not the players - they're deemed replaceable (and rightly so).  Ranieri is credited as a psychologist in that article; the planning was already in place.

Whilst I've always disagreed with Pearson being some bully who players will suddenly be on side with, I do think that sort of culture change is needed at the club.

Most leicester fans i've spoken to and by looking at posts on their forums have said they have improved since Pearson left the club and most of the heavy lifting during his time there was done by his backroom staff and not by Pearson himself.

It will be interesting to see how he does without them and with Black as assistant....

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It's more the culture aspect that I found interesting.  He brought in a backroom team and made them a focal point in operations, rather than a bit part.  If players don't perform, it's on them.  The staff is the important part, not the players - they're deemed replaceable (and rightly so).  Ranieri is credited as a psychologist in that article; the planning was already in place.

Whilst I've always disagreed with Pearson being some bully who players will suddenly be on side with, I do think that sort of culture change is needed at the club.

I agree too. 

My worry has always been how difficult it would be to introduce that here and whether Pearson would be the right character to do that given the atmosphere at our club.

I don't think he is, but given that I'm assuming he will be the new boss, I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Most leicester fans i've spoken to and by looking at posts on their forums have said they have improved since Pearson left the club and most of the heavy lifting during his time there was done by his backroom staff and not by Pearson himself.

It will be interesting to see how he does without them and with Black as assistant....

has he joined us then?

I find this thread hilarious. We're on, like, our hundredth go round on Pearson's virtues and vices. Has there been any news about his appointment? Is there any reason to assume he's coming? In any case, I just don't think it matters. 

• Like 1

I sit opposite a Leicester fan at work a good bloke and very intelligent.

He told me without me asking that he has heard that Pearsons back room staff could end up with Wherever Pearson turns up for the following reasons.

Pearson has a longer career span than Ranieri so they will be thinking about the next 20 years of income.  Ranieri is coming to the end of his time so they are likely to think of long term job security.

He did say that maybe if they were offered the chance to take over from Ranieri that could sway them in the short term.

Just thought I would throw that into the mix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

I sit opposite a Leicester fan at work a good bloke and very intelligent.

He told me without me asking that he has heard that Pearsons back room staff could end up with Wherever Pearson turns up for the following reasons.

Pearson has a longer career span than Ranieri so they will be thinking about the next 20 years of income.  Ranieri is coming to the end of his time so they are likely to think of long term job security.

He did say that maybe if they were offered the chance to take over from Ranieri that could sway them in the short term.

Just thought I would throw that into the mix.

They're all good points, but I can't help thinking they'd be absolutely bonkers to miss out on what would be the opportunity of a lifetime of being on Leicester's Champions League campaign next term, and coaching the kind of players Leicester may well be able to bring in (and can certainly afford).

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I find this thread hilarious. We're on, like, our hundredth go round on Pearson's virtues and vices. Has there been any news about his appointment? Is there any reason to assume he's coming? In any case, I just don't think it matters. 

Bookies seem to think so(!)

Pearson (1/3), Bruce (4/1) anyone else 14/1 or higher on WillHill at the moment.

I'd be fine with Pearson. Priority #1 for me is sorting out the dressing room, getting the likes of Lescott, Bacuna, Gabby and Richards and their absurd egos and attitude out of the door.

I think Pearson is the best guy to do that.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

They're all good points, but I can't help thinking they'd be absolutely bonkers to miss out on what would be the opportunity of a lifetime of being on Leicester's Champions League campaign next term, and coaching the kind of players Leicester may well be able to bring in (and can certainly afford).

For what it's worth I agree but just passing on what I was told.

I want Moyes so happy if Pearson does not come!

• Like 1

Birmingham mail are reporting the cut of date for a manager is the end of May. 

A guy who I bump into from time to time who moves in the accountancy world told me that the cut off per Hollis\Lerner is the end of June...and that was the reason for the king\Bernstein bust up.

My take is that Lerner is putting all his eggs in a very weak takeover basket, quite possible imo that mid June we will still be manager less 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

or they could jump ship as champions before they ruin it next season by finishing 10th

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I know that if I had a choice of Premiership and Champions League experience, or a portion of a season at a Championship club in chaos, working for my old boss, it would be a no brainer.....

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

or they could jump ship as champions before they ruin it next season by finishing 10th

If they are lucky, I think we could see them battling for 14th. They will lose their key men this summer, and juggling CL and league is going to be a nightmare for them.