The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Right now, today, the best thing I can see coming from Brexit is the consistent 52 to 58% in Scotland in favour of Independence. If we can get them over the line then anything can happen.

Thanks for the answer, regarding this bit though, how does it help/improve things?

Just now, Genie said:

Thanks for the answer, regarding this bit though, how does it help/improve things?

Well, they’d be an independent nation. 

By default, England would be closer to being an independent nation, which must surely be the end game of those that support Brexit and / or the supremacy or sovereignty of Westminster.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anybody yet got a single positive of Brexit, just 1 will do for now.

Ideologues get their pretend victory. That's all they have. Flag waving and rule Britannia.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Considering Brexit is the start of an exciting and prosperous new era for the UK why didn’t it get even a mention in the NYE fireworks and light show?

I expect that if it were the scum in Downing St in charge of it then it would have. 

As it is, I can't imagine Sadiq Khan's office (who are) really thought it was something to celebrate. 

• Like 1

If Scotchland was granted a second independence referendum, then it would allow us libtards a platform for a rejoin referendum. My personal opinion but I don’t think another referendum would be allowed as the SNP would win. 

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I expect that if it were the scum in Downing St in charge of it then it would have. 

As it is, I can't imagine Sadiq Khan's office (who are) really thought it was something to celebrate. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

And very much against HS2

He's not going to like it in France then, what with their extensive High Speed Rail network they had the foresight to build. 

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The future is ours to make of it what we will. Exciting times.

But what is there to make of it? What is this world of new opportunity which awaits us? 

Where is the promised land? How is the life of everyday man in the street going to be any better in 10 years? 

Anyone ANYONE we try to trade with in the world will have bigger prizes on offer from bigger trading blocks and more local trading blocks. 

Where is this greater prosperity going to come from? 

What are these marvellous new opportunities? 

Other than bullshit and hot air from Brexiteers about how wonderful it's all going to be, no one can actually say what that will be and how it's to be achieved. 

I would say our best hope of anything whatsoever is to become America's or China's bitch. 

It's the biggest Emperors New Clothes con ever perputrated. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

As an aside, the UK economy is worth about $2.8 trillion.  The EU economy is worth about  $13 trillion without us. 

Why does anyone think that a country or trading block looking to do a trade deal with us would go hmmmmmmm, yes I'm going to give those UK guys a better or same as deal as my European mates who sell us 4 times more stuff and buy 4 times more stuff of us.  Yes, I'm going to definitely piss them off and give the UK a better deal.  Not even a tiny bit better deal, but a really much much better deal.  

Why would anyone do that? They're going to start their position with what we have already as an EU member and chip away at it.  Not in any realistic situation are they going to improve on it. 

And our friend the Eel guy is going to be the first of many many who lose their large European customers.  That will be replicated over and over. 

As soon as European companies get bored with the inconvenience and extra work involved in the forms.  And most especially when somethings gone wrong and their just in time delivery is held up at the port because some new guy has filled the form out wrongly, they're going to start looking for new suppliers within the EU. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We’re a day closer to rejoining the EU.

I don't think we'll ever rejoin. We'd almost certainly have to do so on significantly less preferable terms, and there's a good chance the EU will turn in to something that would make it a bit more difficult for us to rejoin, politically. We've been the fly in the ointment of the "ever closer union for years". I expect to see increasing political integration, and gradually over time more military cooperation that'll have people screaming "EU army". Basically anything the UK would have vetoed is now going to be able to go through, so in some ways, the EU may well be better off without us in the long run, we've been the eurosceptics on the inside naysaying the project with our veto all these years. I don't think a federal EU is impossible within my lifetime.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think we'll ever rejoin. We'd almost certainly have to do so on significantly less preferable terms, and there's a good chance the EU will turn in to something that would make it a bit more difficult for us to rejoin, politically. We've been the fly in the ointment of the "ever closer union for years". I expect to see increasing political integration, and gradually over time more military cooperation that'll have people screaming "EU army". Basically anything the UK would have vetoed is now going to be able to go through, so in some ways, the EU may well be better off without us in the long run, we've been the eurosceptics on the inside naysaying the project with our veto all these years. I don't think a federal EU is impossible within my lifetime.

I'm not sure about that, we're not the only nation with campaigns to leave and political pressures within, and as we've seen those voices seem to be getting stronger. 

You might actually see it step back somewhat from where it is now to appease some of these arguments and avoid further break aways. 

Edited by sidcow

Â