The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

16 minutes ago, colhint said:

well we could negotiate a deal with Murcasor, which includes Brazil, one of the top 10 economies in the world,  the EU can't.

Austria's objection was about agriculture.Same for the Irish. They will never agree. and you only want one to not sign.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did and positively encouraged Brazil to take out as much of The Amazon as they can so we can get hold of some cheap palm oil and juicy steaks. 

Anthony Bamford would probably be delighted as he could sell them a shit load of JCBs to get the trees cleared quickly.  

We could use UK corporate finance to pay for the destruction. I'm sure some of the wildlife must have some uses in Chinese medicine as well so double bubble, we won't have a ton of carcasses to dispose of and further profit to boot. 

Yes, I definitely think we should take back control of our environment destruction whilst laughing at those daft Europeans who missed out on the cash bonanza worrying about it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I wouldn't be suprised if we did and positively encouraged Brazil to take out as much of The Amazon as they can so we can get hold of some cheap palm oil and juicy steaks. 

Anthony Bamford would probably be delighted as he could sell them a shit load of JCBs to get the trees cleared quickly.  

We could use UK corporate finance to pay for the destruction. I'm sure some of the wildlife must have some uses in Chinese medicine as well so double bubble, we won't have a ton of carcasses to dispose of and further profit to boot. 

Yes, I definitely think we should take back control of our environment destruction whilst laughing at those daft Europeans who missed out on the cash bonanza worrying about it. 

Bamford manufacturers a huge amount of his vehicles in Brazil as it is. He doesn’t mention that too much when he was baying for sovereignty. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Bamford manufacturers a huge amount of his vehicles in Brazil as it is. He doesn’t mention that too much when he was baying for sovereignty. 

could that possibly because the 35% eu tariff

37 minutes ago, colhint said:

well we could negotiate a deal with Murcasor, which includes Brazil, one of the top 10 economies in the world,  the EU can't.

Austria's objection was about agriculture.Same for the Irish. They will never agree. and you only want one to not sign.

The Irish parliament is scheduled to approve the deal in January. A few environmental backbenchers have complained, but the government is on to sign it.

you have more up to date info than I do, fair enough.

But it isn't a few environmentalists who have complained, It's the Irish farmers association, who think it's going to cost them 750m a year. Also copa-cogeca are massively against it.

20 minutes ago, colhint said:

Not sure on the whys. At a guess, labour costs, workforce, legislative red tape. Tarriffs when first JCB moved into Brazil seem comparable to the UK. I am aware though that JCB have moved a significant amount of their manufacturing out of the UK. 

33 minutes ago, colhint said:

11 minutes ago, colhint said:

But it isn't a few environmentalists who have complained, It's the Irish farmers association, who think it's going to cost them 750m a year. 

So in the space of 20 minutes you've decided that the problem is both their protectionist, inward looking, tariff-applying racket and also their Hayekian, let-the-market decide, free-world, free-trade, killing local markets. 

Jesus, pick a lane. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

India seems to be the place with a huge amount of potential for the UK. If we manage to strike something there outside of the EU it would represent a positive.

Bring it on, just so I can laugh at every racist in the country for campaigning for freedom of movement with India

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bring it on, just so I can laugh at every racist in the country for campaigning for freedom of movement with India

Johnson is out there at the end of this month to meet with Modi. @Genie is spot-on that India has been picked out as a priority for UK trade, and the juicy carrot from their perspective is the UK’s expertise in cyber security and help in the Indian Ocean. 

Working with the US, Australia, S Korea, Vietnam & Japan, UK is helping to build a balancing coalition to contain Chinese aggression. India is a key partner in that effort so trade integration is about more than pounds, shillings and pence. It’s about alliance building.

That’s why Washington (bipartisan) is horrified by Merkel’s push to sign the CAI deal with China before his administration came in.

The EU has trumpeted its desire for transatlantic cooperation once Trump was gone, but has now deliberately cut the legs off Washington’s key initiative (containment of China) for short-term commercial advantage.

That’s on top of the Nord Stream 2 project (known in Poland as the Molotov-Ribbentrop pipeline...) which has so angered the US and eastern EU members. 

That’s all good for the UK in terms of shaping perceptions of both the Biden team and our future Pacific trade partners - where 90% of global economic growth will occur over the next 2-3 decades. 

If you look at the wider picture beyond customs forms at Dover, we’re making some very shrewd moves. Far wiser minds than Johnson’s are driving this shift. 

When you look at this government, that's done nothing but lie, fail and stuff tax payers' cash into their chums' pockets whilst people were dying, and you're expecting a positive result from Brexit for the majority?

Meds review time.

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

If you look at the wider picture beyond customs forms at Dover, we’re making some very shrewd moves. Far wiser minds than Johnson’s are driving this shift. 

Biggest trickle ever.

6 hours ago, Genie said:

India seems to be the place with a huge amount of potential for the UK. If we manage to strike something there outside of the EU it would represent a positive.

Let's be fair, the majority who voted for Brexit did it for immigration reasons. Can't wait for brown migration to increase and Little Englander's heads to explode.

As for Austria opting out, I like the idea of being within a club where every member has to agree. 27(28) is always stronger than 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colhint said:

How much of that economic success is down to locally produced products though?

It's a genuine question, as during my time in Sportswear it's always been so prohibitively expensive to import anything into Brazil that we had to set up subsidiaries and arrange local production.

Let's be fair you have absolutely no evidence for that.

I don't think i like the rules of a club where everyone has to agree to get something done.  I infer you do, I would guess then when Austria voted against country by country reporting proposed by the EU so they had at least an idea how bad Amazon etc were at avoiding tax, which the EU lost by one vote, you would think this a good idea.

What would your thoughts be on Jack getting fans player of the season, what if some voted for Emi. perhaps there should be no player of the season in that case.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Just my view on what’s happening, but if you’d like to send me some free drugs then please PM for address. 

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg.1dce801b06fa4403a2698bc582d2b075.jpg

What are you taking already? Are you allergic to anything? Ticker steady?

I'm thinking hallucination might be more fun for you than delusion? ;)

Can you be trusted not to try soar over the White Cliffs before the lorry park goes in, or not get run over when it does? :) 

... just minutes away, beyond the famous white cliffs, the sense of fury over Brexit was palpable as local residents came to terms with a government letter they received on New Year’s Eve telling them that from summer, their rural idyll of farmland and ancient Roman ways would be transformed into a customs clearance lorry park for 1,200 trucks.

Locals say they feel “betrayed” and “trapped” by the “lies” of the government over Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/01/residents-furious-brexit-lorry-park-kent-village

Perhaps not? 

Are you working from home? Not operating any machinery? Would the outside chance of a little dribbling be ok?

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's a genuine question, as during my time in Sportswear it's always been so prohibitively expensive to import anything into Brazil that we had to set up subsidiaries and arrange local production.

**** off with your reality, we're tripping balls now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I can't answer that, I have no Idea. What i do know is that Brazil agriculture tries to export to the EU but tarriffs are imposed, So any imports are levy'd with tarriffs

Â