Keinan Davis

a-k

I've got no issue with him being given a chance over the next few games. 

Was it O'Leary who told Vassell that he was starting 5 games no matter what? And that seemed to boost him. 

I wouldn't mind the same approach with Davis before the end of the season. Let's see what he's really got.

• Like 2

On 05/04/2021 at 20:53, VillaChris said:

Loved that. Was watching in a bar at uni full of Liverpool fans (none of them scousers of course) and instead of celebrating I just burst out laughing for a full minute!

Harewood was actually o.k as impact sub that year adding the odd late goal after coming on as a sub.

He wore the sacred no. 9 tho’

For that reason, i’m out....

Scoring a goal in all bar one 20 minute + window that Davis has come off the bench is a pretty niche stat, but it does backup that villa are effective at changing a game when he gets a reasonable amount of game time.

Would be more interesting to know how many of those goals he had a direct involvement in though.

I agree with the shouts to give him a run of a few games until Grealish returns to see how it works out.  We've not looked good otherwise so nothing to lose really.

Unfortunately, probably the biggest "if" about what we'd see when he's given a run, is if he'd get injured, rather than if he'd perform.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Scoring a goal in all bar one 20 minute + window that Davis has come off the bench is a pretty niche stat, but it does backup that villa are effective at changing a game when he gets a reasonable amount of game time.

Would be more interesting to know how many of those goals he had a direct involvement in though.

I agree with the shouts to give him a run of a few games until Grealish returns to see how it works out.  We've not looked good otherwise so nothing to lose really.

Unfortunately, probably the biggest "if" about what we'd see when he's given a run, is if he'd get injured, rather than if he'd perform.

Had we given him a run a few games back as many posters had stated then who knows where we could be at now.

All if's and buts though. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Had we given him a run a few games back as many posters had stated then who knows where we could be at now.

All if's and buts though. 

As chairman, our official response to this is “We would be Champions”

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Underappreciated AF! Some of us have been pointing out that he definitely makes a difference on the pitch, regardless of goal tally etc. Here is some proof! I reckon with the better players around him as well, we are missing a trick.

FB_IMG_1617810594521.jpg

@villalad21you'll like this stat 😎

Jesus christ that's a horrid stat. Not horrid in the sense that its bad for Davis, but more in the sense that its **** meaningless. What am I supposed to even compare it with? Its such a specific stat that I have no idea whether that's supposed to be even good or bad.

Edit: Actually, if I have this correct then that means we average 1.06 goals per game whenever he plays on the pitch for more than 20 minutes. Nevermind, that's just a bad look for Davis if anything. Emphasis on "if anything" because it probably doesn't mean anything.

Edit2: Unless I'm misunderstanding the stat completely. What do they mean by "times". Do they consider the entire game as a whole or only the period where he was on the pitch?

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Jesus christ that's a horrid stat. Not horrid in the sense that its bad for Davis, but more in the sense that its **** meaningless. What am I supposed to even compare it with? Its such a specific stat that I have no idea whether that's supposed to be even good or bad.

Edit: Actually, if I have this correct then that means we average 1.06 goals per game whenever he plays on the pitch for more than 20 minutes. Nevermind, that's just a bad look for Davis if anything. Emphasis on "if anything" because it probably doesn't mean anything.

Edit2: Unless I'm misunderstanding the stat completely. What do they mean by "times". Do they consider the entire game as a whole or only the period where he was on the pitch?

Mate, your first sentence is on the ball.  It’s trying to infer a link rather than there being a link.

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I wonder if he's more suited to the number 10 role. Good at winning the ball deep and carries it well with good feet, msking good runs into the box and feeding the wingers.

Ollie is more of s poacher snd needs to be that central striker

Got the strength to hold, defend from the front and bully people, in those instances where Ollie gets clattered, falls over or miscontrols, mostly due to being manhandled, Keenan could keep them occupied and allow Ollie the time and space to do what he is good at.

This will also ease the pressure on our midfield, as we won't turn over as much.

We'll be able to keep the ball higher up the pitch for longer, as well as have someone worth lumping to when necessary, instead of just chucking them at poor Ollie. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

WTF! Relationship there is a stretch.  That’s not proof!

Since I’ve been alive there has been no world wars, great stat....I am the difference.

If there were only 22 people on the planet you'd have a point.

I think this stat proves that Keinan needs 20 minutes to warm up or he's shit.

5 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

If there were only 22 people on the planet you'd have a point.

Just as, Davis being on the pitch means we are better.  I’ve seen many a time the team doing well but one or two players being awful.  The stat was awful with no linkage rather than vicinity.

5 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I think this stat proves that Keinan needs 20 minutes to warm up or he's shit.

No it doesn’t, it doesn’t say anything about Davis influencing the result.  So this stat says nothing about Davis being shit or awesome.  It doesn’t even say whether the 16 goals was during the time Davis was on the pitch or the whole game in which Davis came on for 20 minutes.  It doesn’t say whether this a good or bad stat either for comparison ie 1 goal every 40 mins with Davis on the pitch compared to 1 goal every 50 mins without Davis or vice versa.

Basically it is half a stat, which gives no comparison so while it seems to infer it’s good we don’t know that until we see a comparison and it has no link to Davis aside from he was on the pitch maybe for some of it, maybe all of it but even that’s not clear.

Also it would be good to know Championship vs PL, I’m assuming mostly Championship given he doesn’t really get much game time under Dean in the Premiership.

Also what was his involvement in the goals as his goals and assists are not really there at the levels of 16 goals.  This is where I feel sorry for players like Davis because they might very well be involved in a goal scoring move but with a stat like a goal or an assist we don’t know apart from looking at every goal itself which isn’t going to happen.

The stat is poor for so many reasons but looks pretty!  Davis has some other great stats and that should be promoted rather than things like this which probably hurts him more.

15 hours ago, TheFirstMan said:

would be worth giving Davis a make or break 5 starts in a row - it would benefit everyone. 

Unless he is very poor and we lose 5 games because of a sub standard attacking force.

*I don't think this would happen

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Him and Hogan, Sinclair, Helenius, Ireland, Collymore... what a 20+ years it has been apart from Dion and Angel.

That is depressing.

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just as, Davis being on the pitch means we are better.  I’ve seen many a time the team doing well but one or two players being awful.  The stat was awful with no linkage rather than vicinity.

No it doesn’t, it doesn’t say anything about Davis influencing the result.  So this stat says nothing about Davis being shit or awesome.  It doesn’t even say whether the 16 goals was during the time Davis was on the pitch or the whole game in which Davis came on for 20 minutes.  It doesn’t say whether this a good or bad stat either for comparison ie 1 goal every 40 mins with Davis on the pitch compared to 1 goal every 50 mins without Davis or vice versa.

Basically it is half a stat, which gives no comparison so while it seems to infer it’s good we don’t know that until we see a comparison and it has no link to Davis aside from he was on the pitch maybe for some of it, maybe all of it but even that’s not clear.

Also it would be good to know Championship vs PL, I’m assuming mostly Championship given he doesn’t really get much game time under Dean in the Premiership.

Also what was his involvement in the goals as his goals and assists are not really there at the levels of 16 goals.  This is where I feel sorry for players like Davis because they might very well be involved in a goal scoring move but with a stat like a goal or an assist we don’t know apart from looking at every goal itself which isn’t going to happen.

The stat is poor for so many reasons but looks pretty!  Davis has some other great stats and that should be promoted rather than things like this which probably hurts him more.

Apologies, I thought the sarcasm and cycacism in my post would be obvious but that stuff doesn't translate well to text.

Either way, I was agreeing with you.

4 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Apologies, I thought the sarcasm and cycacism in my post would be obvious but that stuff doesn't translate well to text.

Either way, I was agreeing with you.

Probably me, it has been a long week! My brain is fried and it’s only Thursday 😂

Â