Keinan Davis

a-k

25 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

after his terrific cameo last time he should have come on also against Liverpool. Or start.

Don't worry, knowing our luck, he will get thrown on ( Or start ), in an impossible match against City, where we lose, then get blamed for being shite.

Normal service resumes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't worry, knowing our luck, he will get thrown on ( Or start ), in an impossible match against City, where we lose, then get blamed for being shite.

Normal service resumes.

I can remember him coming on v Man. City in the cup final with 15 minutes left, holding it up well and winning us a few free kicks as we had that late rally so i don't think he'd be the worst selection. Doubt Stones would enjoy playing v him.

We could really be stretched for wide options in next few weeks so would rather have a re-jig of forward line a little than having AEM right midfield again lol. Perhaps Cash will be pushed up there as he did play for Forest in that area before they pushed him back to RB.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Normal service resumes.

I think that’s unfair.  You look at my posts post game and on this thread, I have praised him when he’s plays well and called for him to start against Liverpool.  At the same time I will call out when he’s shite.  

I think he’s been general shite throughout his career but I think as a whole.  

I think I’ve been fair with my assessment about him after each game he’s played.  People though disagree with my overall view with him.

If he starts against Man City and plays well I will say so, if he doesn’t then I won’t. This is irrelevant of the score and will take into consideration the opposition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think that’s unfair.  You look at my posts post game and on this thread, I have praised him when he’s plays well and called for him to start against Liverpool.  At the same time I will call out when he’s shite.  

I think he’s been general shite throughout his career but I think as a whole.  

I think I’ve been fair with my assessment about him after each game he’s played.  People though disagree with my overall view with him.

If he starts against Man City and plays well I will say so, if he doesn’t then I won’t. This is irrelevant of the score and will take into consideration the opposition.

Wasn't even really aimed at you mate, more aimed at Keinan's luck IMO.

Either something like that, or he'll get injured again. It's unfortunately been the cycle.

Yes I've indeed noted your comments over the last few pages and have been surprised haha.

Fair play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Normal service resumes.

You're bang on the money JV.

It would be Kienan's luck to get thrown in at the deep end and start against City, we lose the game and the poor lad becomes the easy scapegoat and everyone says "told you so" "**** useless" etc.

I hope this does not transpire.

• Like 2

On 10/04/2021 at 22:12, Laughable Chimp said:

Why is switching 4-4-2 against Liverpool suddenly this super dangerous thing? I don't get it. Its not like we were dominating them or were on the front foot so I don't get why some people are suddenly so concerned about our formation. Just seems like an excuse to justify Smith's decision tbh.

We're not suited to playing 4-4-2 at that level. We're no Burnley. You really want to see McGinn & Douglas vs Milner, Fabinho and Thiago?

Having said all that my point is purely that you can at least understand Smith's decision. People are acting like he's lost the plot and we would've won the game with Davis on the pitch. Ludicrous.

On 10/04/2021 at 23:20, TRO said:

What can the Queen do?

I was wondering this too. If people are disappointed with Barkley's work rate, they are going to get a shock when we play someone who has never lifted a finger in 95 years.

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I was wondering this too. If people are disappointed with Barkley's work rate, they are going to get a shock when we play someone who has never lifted a finger in 95 years.

Poor analogy, that is literally the only thing she's done in 95 years....

Queens Wave GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I can remember him coming on v Man. City in the cup final with 15 minutes left, holding it up well and winning us a few free kicks as we had that late rally so i don't think he'd be the worst selection. Doubt Stones would enjoy playing v him.

We could really be stretched for wide options in next few weeks so would rather have a re-jig of forward line a little than having AEM right midfield again lol. Perhaps Cash will be pushed up there as he did play for Forest in that area before they pushed him back to RB.

He came on against them at the Etihad last season when we were three nil down and cause them all sorts of problems, I think he hit the post as well which was very unlucky

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You're bang on the money JV.

It would be Kienan's luck to get thrown in at the deep end and start against City, we lose the game and the poor lad becomes the easy scapegoat and everyone says "told you so" "**** useless" etc.

I hope this does not transpire.

Excited Mark Mckinney GIF by Superstore

Just joking.  Whoever plays I want them to do well obviously.  My opinion maybe that before, during and after the game but I do give my opinions about the match and overall separately.

The real reason for my post though is if he does play shit then he deserves criticism like any other player.  If he trudged around the park like Ross did last game I will slaughter him but if he plays like Davis did against Fulham I will praise him even if he doesn’t score or create an assist.  Playing Man City will just make it harder, much harder for him.  But he will be judged just like any player on the pitch.

I just don’t think Smith will start him anyway unless we get more injuries.  Just completely out of favour with Smith.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, jacketspuds said:

I’d start him against WBA. He deserves a chance against a team that isn’t top of the league.

I don’t think he’ll be good enough but got to try.

It's the right kind of game for him - why not? 

• Like 1

Â