Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The Haaland thread in Other Football :D 

So a 20 year old superstar who all the top clubs are trying to buy and scored 29 goals in 27 games for Salzburg and now 49 goals in 50 games for Dortmund he doesn’t rate but Keinan Davis is a wow!  WTF! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So a 20 year old superstar who all the top clubs are trying to buy and scored 29 goals in 27 games for Salzburg and now 49 goals in 50 games for Dortmund he doesn’t rate but Keinan Davis is a wow!  WTF! 

I wouldnt mind but Haaland is a Leeds fan too ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quality cameo, good pressing, perfect cross for an assist, good hold up play and ball control.

If we can just get that out of him consistently there’s a helluva player in there and it’s why I’d be gutted to see him moved on whilst also fully understanding why, should that come to pass.

It’s obvious we need to do something different, not sure Liverpool away is the one to test it out but equally, why not? Start with the same formation and players we ended today with, it might just work! 

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Quality cameo, good pressing, perfect cross for an assist, good hold up play and ball control.

If we can just get that out of him consistently there’s a helluva player in there and it’s why I’d be gutted to see him moved on whilst also fully understanding why, should that come to pass.

It’s obvious we need to do something different, not sure Liverpool away is the one to test it out but equally, why not? Start with the same formation and players we ended today with, it might just work! 

He would make a superb defensive midfield player in my opinion

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We do consistently get that out of him. The problem is he just does not score. But I have no issues giving him minutes if he consistently creates for others. We just need to change our expectations when it comes to his role on the team.

• Confused 1

I would start him against Liverpool and put pressure on their central defenders. With him and Ollie up there they will have to release the ball early. Either short with their midfield coming deep or long balls, ideal for our defence.

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

You are just a stat merchant like most modern football fans. Only looking at the numbers.

Not saying i don't rate Haaland just not a fan of the style of striker he is. 

Gabriel Jesus isn't as good of a goalscorer as Aguero. Not even close. Pep still heavily prefers him because of other fantastic attributes and despite less goals he brings so much more to the team than what Aguero does.

Edited by villalad21

12 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Watkins out right-side would offer more than El Ghazi at the moment.

Then play Davis up top.

I guess Trezeguet has played himself back into the starting line-up now.

4-1-3-2 while Jack is out.....which is a form of 4-4-2 (one winger)

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

Hold up... am I missing the sarcasm in this post?  

This game might be the first time I’ve ever seen him play well.   

You've not been watching then. 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not a believer in a 2 striker system in the modern game.

I think your midfield will be exposed and dominated.

what i found interesting was the interview with Deano, he basically said "im happy for Kienan, he hasnt had many chances because of Watkins form, but i felt it was right to go two up top for the last 20 minutes".

What i find strange about that is that it implies Deano only see's Davis as a central striker, where as a lot on here, including myself, thinks he could really do a job as a right or left inside forward/winger type.

His best work yesterday was central right / right side of the pitch!, i cant understand why Deano thing he's "just a central striker"?

Honestly, i can see certain scenarios where he offers a lot more than Trez or El Ghazi on the inside right or left, not just as a "central striker".

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

what i found interesting was the interview with Deano, he basically said "im happy for Kienan, he hasnt had many chances because of Watkins form, but i felt it was right to go two up top for the last 20 minutes".

What i find strange about that is that it implies Deano only see's Davis as a central striker, where as a lot on here, including myself, thinks he could really do a job as a right or left inside forward/winger type.

His best work yesterday was central right / right side of the pitch!, i cant understand why Deano thing he's "just a central striker"?

Honestly, i can see certain scenarios where he offers a lot more than Trez or El Ghazi on the inside right or left, not just as a "central striker".

I think we have to limit him as a striker for now because we have nobody else.

If Watkins picked up an injury which he won't, but if he did and Davis picked up an injury from playing on the wing we would have no strikers to bring on. Unless you think Barry is ready.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That's the beautiful thing about Davis.

He never look like he is lacking in confidence.

Don't know why the word confidence is regularly thrown against him in here. He came into a losing, struggling side and looked the most confident player out there.

I think its a really tricky one with him.....I have 2 schools of thought running through my head with Keinan.....but he doesn't lose the ball cheaply, which, I hate....which is good, and Good for Ollie who is isolated at present and needs someone to play off.

He has a lot to do for us to be comfortable with his inclusion, but he does have attributes, we lack.......However, I do believe, 10 minutes here and there is no time at all to be judging him and that to me is unfair.

If there is ever a player of ours that I want to come good....its Keinan.

I do think sometimes his general play of holding the ball up, could be whats working against him, paradoxically......some players, don't do much and drift in to the right place at the right time and claim all the glory.....Only a run of games/minutes can help him build up the confidence, to drop off the defenders and claim a few goals for himself.....He will never be an Ings, but he needs to be more predatory, its a shame, but right now we need his hold up play and muscle......He could be a chris woods though, with better application.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You are just a stat merchant like most modern football fans. Only looking at the numbers.

Not saying i don't rate Haaland just not a fan of the style of striker he is. 

Gabriel Jesus isn't as good of a goalscorer as Aguero. Not even close. Pep still heavily prefers him because of other fantastic attributes and despite less goals he brings so much more to the team than what Aguero does.

Are you kidding? What is wrong with his style, one of the best all round strikers in a while and is not just a goal scorer but with his team play.  Add that to his goals and the fact he’s only 20 is incredible.

Starting to question whether you even understand football with some of your comments, it’s just bizarre month after month even on non-Villa matters like this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm not a believer in a 2 striker system in the modern game.

I think your midfield will be exposed and dominated.

Not if the quality of midfielder, is present.....that's the key......its being exposed & dominated now, with one striker....its a game of 2's form me 2 full backs, 2 centrebacks, 2 central midfielders, 2 wide men and 2 strikers....players also form little partnerships to play off.....you only load one area, when you players are not good enough.

There is no modern game, thats a myth.....its what's fashionable, and that is usually derived by the top managers, who incidently have the best players.....Its not always good to follow their plans, because their players are the best.....if you go back in time nearly every conceivable formation has been tried before, somewhere.....The game is c130 years old, its hard to come up with something new......sure its faster and that is new, so ball control is so much more precious.

I don't buy in to this modern game stuff, that line has been used through the generations.....The fitness and training side has changed a lot, because  of the speed of the game and sure managers have to be more savvy with rotation and subs, as opposed to yesteryear the players in form just carried on playing week in week out.....fitness has to be better managed now.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not if the quality of midfielder, is present.....that's the key......its being exposed & dominated now, with one striker....its a game of 2's form me 2 full backs, 2 centrebacks, 2 central midfielders, 2 wide men and 2 strikers....players also form little partnerships to play off.....you only load one area, when you players are not good enough.

There is no modern game, thats a myth.....its what's fashionable, and that is usually derived by the top managers, who incidently have the best players.....Its not always good to follow their plans, because their players are the best.....if you go back in time nearly every conceivable formation has been tried before, somewhere.....The game is c130 years old, its hard to come up with something new......sure its faster and that is new, so ball control is so much more precious.

I don't buy in to this modern game stuff, that line has been used through the generations.....The fitness and training side has changed a lot, because  of the speed of the game and sure managers have to be more savvy with rotation and subs, as opposed to yesteryear the players in form just carried on playing week in week out.....fitness has to be better managed now.

But we don't have those.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Can you explain this 'one winger' approach to me please? It's a concept I've not heard of before. I've seen you mention it a few times now and Morley played the role. Morley was before my time, unfortunately. Although I have had the privilege of meeting him a large number of times.

Do you have a winger who plays on one side? Or both sides? Or is it more like a '10' who drifts around that whole area behind the front 2?

I presume this winger comes from the '3' in that formation and you play with 2 up top? 

I think we need to explore a way of getting 2 up top whilst Grealish is out.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you kidding? What is wrong with his style, one of the best all round strikers in a while and is not just a goal scorer but with his team play.  Add that to his goals and the fact he’s only 20 is incredible.

Starting to question whether you even understand football with some of your comments, it’s just bizarre month after month even on non-Villa matters like this.

Absolutely phenomenal player for his tender age.....I would love him at Villa.....and I do like relatively tall strikers.

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not saying that anything is wrong with his style, he is just limited what he can do from what i've seen.

I was born in the early 90's and players such as Henry and the original Ronaldo completely changed they way i looked at a number 9. Strikers who could do it all. Striker who could create their own goals without having to rely on service from other players.

Was never a fan of the old fashion goalscorer. The likes of Nistelrooy, Vardy etc is not my cup of tea. It's a preference thing.

Edited by villalad21

Â