Keinan Davis

a-k

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Player comes on and makes a big impact.

Quick, let’s send him out on loan! 

VT logic 🤔

I think there is a good argument for it though mate.

there are a lot of good things about his game but he simply never looks like scoring, and that that instinct isn’t going to be improved on the training ground, or with 20min cameos.

The guy needs to be playing every week. I wouldn’t be adverse to a loan at all.

He needs a game to shows us , the next game is ideal. Not sure what formation  could fit him in but Liverpool are at their weakest in Central defence and Davies is an ideal candidate  to test any Central defender, strong  and hard to win the ball off and he has something to.prove. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Do you remember Marlon Harewoods over head bicycle kick that scored the equaliser at Anfield, wonder if KD can muster one of them?

Loved that. Was watching in a bar at uni full of Liverpool fans (none of them scousers of course) and instead of celebrating I just burst out laughing for a full minute!

Harewood was actually o.k as impact sub that year adding the odd late goal after coming on as a sub.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think performances like that, for us, would do him/us more good, of I'm honest.

If he can put in those performances consistently then I agree. Maybe we should take the opportunity to start him in our remaining games this season and he see how he does. Don't think we should expect too much in our remaining games if Grealish is out for some of them so could give Davis and 1 or 2 of the highly rated youngsters a run out.

Just now, nick76 said:

Give up before we play.....never understand this.  We still have 9 games left with 27 points to play for and attain the best possible position in the league, finish the season on a high and impress potential quality targets that we are after.  There is more to play for now than ever.

It's not really giving up. We have looked crap in all or our games where Grealish hasn't played. Might as well give players like Davis a shot as whatever we are doing now isn't working, apart from the last 15 mins yesterday when Ramsey and Davis were on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It's not really giving up. We have looked crap in all or our games where Grealish hasn't played. Might as well give players like Davis a shot as whatever we are doing now isn't working, apart from the last 15 mins yesterday when Ramsey and Davis were on.

Ermmm

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Don't think we should expect too much in our remaining games

That’s giving up.

Past is past, we finished the last game on a high, let’s take into the next two tough games and keep fighting.  This is a perception season to potential players.  If we finish on a high then we’ll be more attractive to potential players.

If players have the same attitude as you that we shouldn’t expect much then we will play like the first 75 minutes yesterday but if they fight like I want them too then we might have some more like the last 15 minutes.  Plus who knows when Jack might be back, could be next week or next season but the rest shouldn’t go into games defeated before they start.

3 hours ago, tinker said:

He needs a game to shows us , the next game is ideal. Not sure what formation  could fit him in but Liverpool are at their weakest in Central defence and Davies is an ideal candidate  to test any Central defender, strong  and hard to win the ball off and he has something to.prove. 

For me, he's got to play in a two with Ollie.  I'd love to see Jack at "10" off the two (or BT if he's injured) with a three man midfield (Nakamba - SJM - Ramsey) behind.  Harsh on Trez given his performance yesterday but he could be first change OR even start at 10 (his movement was really good yesterday) if Jack is injured.

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

We have a number of players, El Ghazi, Treseguet, Davis, who do not have the kevel of consistency and performance that we will need to kick on.

We need upgrades on all three.

I'd argue that Davis' lack of consistency is a result of his injury record though, rather than limited ability/determination (as appears to be the case with the other two).

My view is that all 3 of the root causes are unlikely to go away or change, so you're probably right...  but I think Davis stands the best chance of the 3 to make a step up in consistency,  if injuries leave him alone for a while. 

He was doing to Fulham what RLC was doing to us all game, just running through the opposition using his physicality. It was great to see. He's arguably (along with Wes) the only player in our squad that can do this but its this plan B that we havent used often enough when Jack's guile doesnt work (it usually does) or when Jack isnt playing.We just dont run through teams directly into the box. Hopefully this strikes a chord with Smith and he uses this more often rather than in the last 10 minutes of a game we are chasing.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2021 at 21:38, jacketspuds said:

We have looked crap in all or our games where Grealish hasn't played. Might as well give players like Davis a shot as whatever we are doing now isn't working, apart from the last 15 mins yesterday when Ramsey and Davis were on.

Yes!

A few posters have suggested this and I think Davis is long overdue an oppurtunity.

I would like to see him given a game in behind Watkins.

I remember big John Carew years ago played a similar role where he would get his head onto balls and set Gabby up many times to score, I think we should try something similar with Davis and Watkins imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

He was doing to Fulham what RLC was doing to us all game, just running through the opposition using his physicality. It was great to see. He's arguably (along with Wes) the only player in our squad that can do this but its this plan B that we havent used often enough when Jack's guile doesnt work (it usually does) or when Jack isnt playing.We just dont run through teams directly into the box. Hopefully this strikes a chord with Smith and he uses this more often rather than in the last 10 minutes of a game we are chasing.

Its nice to have a bit more power, in certain positions.

Underappreciated AF! Some of us have been pointing out that he definitely makes a difference on the pitch, regardless of goal tally etc. Here is some proof! I reckon with the better players around him as well, we are missing a trick.

FB_IMG_1617810594521.jpg

@villalad21you'll like this stat 😎

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Underappreciated AF! Some of us have been pointing out that he definitely makes a difference on the pitch, regardless of goal tally etc. Here is some proof!

FB_IMG_1617810594521.jpg

WTF! Relationship there is a stretch.  That’s not proof!

Since I’ve been alive there has been no world wars, great stat....I am the difference.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Underappreciated AF! Some of us have been pointing out that he definitely makes a difference on the pitch, regardless of goal tally etc. Here is some proof! I reckon with the better players around him as well, we are missing a trick.

FB_IMG_1617810594521.jpg

@villalad21you'll like this stat 😎

I would have suggested the chairman of the Keinan Davis fan club.

Hi @nick76  :wave:

;)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would have suggested the chairman of the Keinan Davis fan club.

Hi @nick76  :wave:

;)

Even you have to admit, it’s grasping at straws?

Edited by nick76

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Me and big Keinan ignoring Nick like.... 👀😂

Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

@nick76

Haha I love the desperation in trying to get a positive stat though, I admire the effort but that was weak as shit.  Davis was on the pitch when we scored is basically the stat.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love winding him up mate... It's easy work 😂

After the day I’ve had, it was even easier! Well done good sir!

Edited by nick76
  • Sad 1

Â