Keinan Davis

a-k

42 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Remember how much Liverpool got for garbage like Solanke and Brewster off promoted teams? We need to be aiming for that for Davis surely.

This, Liverpools net spend looks great because they get top money for any player who leaves. They got Β£12m for Danny Ward a goalkeeper who had played about 50 games in his career, 43 of these games were at Huddersfield ffs. This deal in particular seems a bit dodgy though imo.Β 

Or we quoted more than they right he was worth and think they'll get better on the continent. HellΒ  of a gamble either way. Davis could get injured and miss months,Β  the European option may not settle. Can see why they'd cast the net quite wide before settling.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Be a good signing tbf.

I think the Davis deal will drag on a bit. It's in theory one that makes sense for both clubs and player, it'll be put on the back burner while everyone bluffs over the price.

Maybe they are worried about his injury record vs the fee likely for him. Β That injury towards the end of the season may have spooked them.

• Like 1

I like Keinan a lot, but you can understand a club with plenty of fresh TV money not maybe wanting to put their shot at Prem survival only in his hands. As much for his injuries as Nick says above.

Forest will need almost an entirely new starting 11 so they are going to get other forwards in. Davis will be a back up/rotation player if they sign him, he's rather unproven in the Prem and has huge injury risks. They will pay at best 5-6m base fee and likely some add ons based on appearances. I don't think either club will be in a rush to get this done, similar to when we got promoted Forest will have to spread their budget around a lot.Β 

• Like 1

They took him on a loan, he performed well for them and he settled into their team well. I think signing him would be less of a risk than signing a Liverpool reject who has been playing in Germany for Β£17m, when given his injury record, I would guess we would be asking significantly less than that for Keinan. Perhaps for once we are looking to insert a sell-on clause in the deal? Or perhaps now Forest are back up, they think they can start acting like it's the late 70s again.Β 

Please sell him πŸ™πŸ½
For both our sakes (club and player).

Not a goalscorer, not good enough for us or where we want to be.

Some welcome funds, we have been so bad at sales for far too long…

Good for him to move where he can play regularly and be loved. Forest fans seem to adore him.

• Like 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚