limpid

I think the game plan was to try and match Leicester's work rate. We started off well but it simply isn't possible against these. I don't understand how they can be so fit. Winning every second ball, it is like playing Fifa against a team that hold the sprint button and don't get fatigued. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

If you can't be offside from a goal kick, why wouldn't your striker always stand miles up the pitch for a goal kick and you punt it to him.

Because you are *supposed* to have men marking you to make it too difficult.

We have nothing on the bench to change the game.

Only thing I can think of is putting on Richards and moving Bacuna to midfield to replace Westwood.

Gestede and Sinclair I rather not have on the field

• Like 1

Such a lack of pace in terms of running and passing. 

We need one of the midifelders to take the ball off the defenders, drag a leicester player out of the pack even if it means just passing it back to one of the defenders at first - and  the other two and run and get some space off that. Vertourt, westwood and gana are just static, not able to get a couple of yards away from a white shirt. So frustrating.

Edited by villanmac

We have a knack for coming out after half time and storming it for 10 minutes. I hope we do the same today and capitalise on it this time!

Poor start but I'm sure Garde will have a chat. For now, let's just sit back and hear what Tactics Tim would have done differently to have us 6 up at half time.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

We made Leicester look like Arsenal and Man City. Huge gulf between the two sides first half

Can't agree there. Both sides looked poor imo, they made nothing aside from the goal which came from a huge punt upfield, which seems to be their primary game plan.

Just now, Zatman said:

i thought his save from Vardy was as good but sadly they potted the rebound :(

Even the follow up. He was never getting there on time to stop it crossing the line, but he got up so quick. I'm a lot more confident in him than Guzan.

I don't get why people are surprised. We've won one game, are still rock bottom and are facing the top team. Only 1-0 down, things could change in the second half if we make some tactical changes.

1 minute ago, Villanun said:

I don't think Leicester are actually much better than us in terms of skill. The difference here is the level of application. Leicester are moving off the ball, pressing play and causing us problems all over the pitch. Bu comparison it's like we're running through treacle.

They are actually a lot, lot better, and it's pretty damn obvious.

They actually pressurise the ball whenever we have it in midfield and hunt us down in twos and threes, they are putting on a tactical master class.

When they have the ball they take very few touches, zip the ball around quickly and create space. 

There's a gulf between these two sides tonight, but we aren't doing ourselves any favours by being weak and frankly pussies on the ball, no leadership out there for us at all.