Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

It's because of Hollis that I feel confident about Dr Tone, Hollis would know a crook when he sees one, yet he has complete admiration for Dr Tone - therefore I am more than happy to sack off any negative thoughts and fully support our Tony in all his plans. 

21 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think we were keen to lay blame at the door of everyone involved at Aston Villa without knowing what they even do - Hollis was a part of this.

Absolutely.

The reactions to this bloke when he was appointed were embarrassing at the time. Now they just look downright ludicrous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It's because of Hollis that I feel confident about Dr Tone, Hollis would know a crook when he sees one, yet he has complete admiration for Dr Tone - therefore I am more than happy to sack off any negative thoughts and fully support our Tony in all his plans. 

I'm optimistic, excited and looking forward to what's ahead, although at the same time with a bit in the back of my head saying what if....

but as you say, Hollis is very experienced and has likely come across a heap dodgy people and blaggers trying to acquire business's he has worked with and should be able to spot them a mile off. He is successful at what he does and it would be a bit of career suicide if he got this wrong. So there should be some comfort in that.

On 18 May 2016 at 19:37, dudevillaisnice said:

Wonder if he will stay on.

Fair play to him, supposedly was doing everything possible for this deal to go through.

I'd think he stands to earn a good whack from his work in selling the club. I'm sure he had a rather big incentive. 

But credit where credit is due. He's got us a new owner, who seems intent on putting us back in the Prem and a challenger rather than an also ran. 

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Thought Hollis spoke really well in that interview. If he continues in some capacity under the new owner then i'll be happy.

yeah me too. His answer was interesting when the reporter asked if he would work for Dr Xia. He said he currently works for Randy but went on to say he likes the place now. Maybe he will join the board. Would love him to instead of Samuelson.

33 minutes ago, KSV said:

yeah me too. His answer was interesting when the reporter asked if he would work for Dr Xia. He said he currently works for Randy but went on to say he likes the place now. Maybe he will join the board. Would love him to instead of Samuelson.

I'd be happy if he stayed in some capacity. It'd certainly be a big statement of intent from both The Doc and Hollis.

If Samuelson is to be a board member rather than just being involved in the deal, then I can't see this changing.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy really is a stupid **** idiot of the highest order. He is on record calming that Dr Xia was involved in the Bird Nest Stadium, a claim which has since been refuted. 

Do you like or rate anyone???

(Not a criticism, merely an observation)

He's either swallowed bullshit hook, line and sinker, or he was just hoping none of this was found out until the deal was done and he'd rode into the sunset with a big sack full of cash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy really is a stupid **** idiot of the highest order. He is on record calming that Dr Xia was involved in the Bird Nest Stadium, a claim which has since been refuted. 

So you're going to ignore everything reported so far because one newspaper has quoted a Mr Jin who they spoke to on the phone. Everything he said could have been lost in translation, or just wrong. This adds speculation to the events unfolding but no need to react quite like this?

• Like 2

That was my point earlier... What makes this Mr Jin credible in the slightest, who is credited with the quotes. 

It's all scaremongering at this stage. Everyone is jumping on the 'he doesn't own 5 companies' line, when in reality they're in advanced negotiations to formalise this. An oversight by avfc putting it the statement.

As for the Birds Nest, he's credited with working on the design of the site and not Birds Nest specifically. 

Relax for now guys. Hollis seems to have done his research and vetted interested parties. 

• Like 1

Any of those things in isolation is an innocent mistake, but none of this is in isolation, pretty much everything turns out to be plain wrong, or at least misleading.

And of course him being a Harvard professor, but that was a misunderstanding, and he was just an assistant to a professor. He did go to Harvard though, probably.

Are we even certain how old he is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's either swallowed bullshit hook, line and sinker, or he was just hoping none of this was found out until the deal was done and he'd rode into the sunset with a big sack full of cash.

Or the deal is genuine

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

That was my point earlier... What makes this Mr Jin credible in the slightest, who is credited with the quotes. 

It's all scaremongering at this stage. Everyone is jumping on the 'he doesn't own 5 companies' line, when in reality they're in advanced negotiations to formalise this. An oversight by avfc putting it the statement.

As for the Birds Nest, he's credited with working on the design of the site and not Birds Nest specifically. 

Relax for now guys. Hollis seems to have done his research and vetted interested parties. 

We hope. Either that or we have been suckered.

Â