Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

23 hours ago, Chindie said:

I don't think it's that either/or.

The title is probably the most accurate he could have, because whilst he doesn't have ultimate say, as he ultimately reports to Lerner, he's running the club on Lerner's behalf. Lerner sets the budget, because only he can. Hollis therefore doesn't have ultimate power, but he's a regent.

It's also fairly clear he's engineering the club for sale at the same time, hence the sackings and shuffles and, initially, the football board. Get the house in order to benefit it and help shift it.

Exactly, I very strongly suspect his brief is to sell the club. The title is meaningless as in the absence of a CEO he is the Executive Chairman which means he is running the club.

Personally I think a sale is in the offing From what I know of Hollis I very much doubt he would lie and anyway there was no need to say anything as there was no suggestion before his comment that we were in 'extensive talks'. Interestingly that clown Pat Murphy knows naff all about what is going on. Usually if he knows anything he does his usual of making up a story around the very little he actually knows.

So if the resignations were down to a squabble - Does it mean that Hollis still thinks the football board is a good idea ? - and will in due course be recruiting replacements ? - He could do a lot worse than make little and bevington full time board members. 

Obviously this assumes the sale talk is a load of junk.

• 4 weeks later...

Credit to hollis for all the effort he has put in. Looked a million times better than Fox in his short space of time. Would not be opposed to him having a post here still but I would say thats unlikley

I think we were keen to lay blame at the door of everyone involved at Aston Villa without knowing what they even do - Hollis was a part of this.

However, it looks like he's been a key figure in getting the club (hopefully) back on the right track and, further, sold.

• Like 1

On the face of it you’d say he has done a very good job. I think I’d rather wait and see though before throwing the plaudits around too much. Hopefully Tony Xia turns out to be a very good owner, and I am certainly excited at present for us going forward. However if he turns out to be not as good as we are hoping then it will be Hollis who we will be in the frame for criticism as he has overseen this sale.

Let’s hope for all our sakes Hollis didn't just get the most he could for the club but also did all he could to ensure it went to someone capable of taking us to the heights we all crave.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think we were keen to lay blame at the door of everyone involved at Aston Villa without knowing what they even do - Hollis was a part of this.

However, it looks like he's been a key figure in getting the club (hopefully) back on the right track and, further, sold.

This. Natural though considering all things. Did the grind.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I actually enjoyed listening to this. 

Me too.  Liked what he had to say about the supporters at the Newcastle game - see those beach balls and balloons made a difference AVPG!!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

Â