The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Whether his music was to your taste or not, a definite pioneer and unique talent.

:(

Sad news.

I was just thinking about this sketch! Is it wrong to be laughing? Not at his death obviously. 

Saw some rare  footage of him making the Purple Rain album  the other week  ,  which was recorded live in front of an audience ... even allowing for overdubs and George Martin like wizardry I never had a clue it was a live album

Just now, dAVe80 said:

I was just thinking about this sketch! Is it wrong to be laughing? Not at his death obviously. 

Quite the opposite. None of us will ever know what he was like as a person, but if there's a small percentage of truth in this tale then that makes me smile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

It's not wrong, Prince would appreciate it.

He liked that sketch so much he did this:

Breakfast%20Can%20Wait%20Prince%20Cover%

That's a real Prince single.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I watched him live in Milan singing Purple Rain (on Youtube of course).  By god, that man made love to his guitar.  It was epic.  A true loss to the music industry.  

Just got in to hear about Prince. Gutted. 

I was never a huge fan but saw him at one of his many O2 shows a few years ago and it was comfortably the best live show I've ever seen. A three hour show where he just machine gunned hit after hit. 20 minutes after the house lights go up, with the place almost empty, he reappears to treat a couple of hundred of us to another 3 songs.

Two hours later he is on at the indigo and plays for four hours. If I wasn't a fan before then, I certainly was by the time I got home at 6 am that morning.

RIP you little purple wizard.

• Like 2