The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Privileged to have seen him play at Villa Park. 

me to,my favorite player of all time.74 world cup was the first i,d seen in colour,those orange shirts were striking.and that turn,the best i,ve ever seen live.  cancer really is a bastard.

Edited by krisagg75

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to judge players who didn't play in my era, but without a doubt it's east to see Cruyff was special. I've seen the video, and heard the stories of when he played at Villa Park for Barca, and got a standing ovation from many in the crowd when he was substituted. That tells me he must have been one of the greats in its self.

RIP.

is there another legend on the pitch that has done more off it?

beckenbauer did a bit of management and then it to football politics but you look at what cruyff did for ajax and barca both in terms of while he was manager and the stuff he implemented that was still benefiting them years after he left

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Privileged to have seen him play at Villa Park. 

what about pele? my grandad and his mate have told me countless times how they watched villa v santos infront of 60k at villa park. they went on their motor bikes and the wheels never touched the floor apparantly :)

RIP johan, a true footballing legend.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

is there another legend on the pitch that has done more off it?

beckenbauer did a bit of management and then it to football politics but you look at what cruyff did for ajax and barca both in terms of while he was manager and the stuff he implemented that was still benefiting them years after he left

Michel Platini :trollface: