Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I'd rather keep Ayew and not have Valencia, but as we know from Baggies experience with Berahino keeping a player who doesn't want to be there doesn't work out well for anyone. If Ayew wants to go better to let him go and get some money.

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Tony has said many times Ayew is going nowhere.

Things can change. I hope he stays but if he wants to leave then I would rather just sell up. We are building a squad of players that want to play for us. Hopefully he wants to be one of them.

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

I don't know what I think of Rhodes and will only offer an opinion after Michael118 has given his opinion on him.

Never mind what Michael118 says mate, Tismyk seems to be the go to guy for opinions on holiday destinations on VT! ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

14m plus Lescott and Richards and Gabby

That's a great deal for them as they are currently looking for names to fill their squad with and, let's face it, that is all those 3 players are capable of these days!

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I'd rather keep Ayew and not have Valencia, but as we know from Baggies experience with Berahino keeping a player who doesn't want to be there doesn't work out well for anyone. If Ayew wants to go better to let him go and get some money.

Only if we can find a suitable replacement in time, otherwise I would say yes in Jan. 

FWIW I don't think this is about Ayew - more likely Gabby not budging!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

That's a great deal for them as they are currently looking for names to fill their squad with and, let's face it, that is all those 3 players are capable of these days!

Joking aside they might go for it - all proven PL players ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, briggaman said:

Things can change. I hope he stays but if he wants to leave then I would rather just sell up. We are building a squad of players that want to play for us. Hopefully he wants to be one of them.

Yes they can, but we have heard nothing at all to suggest anything has changed.  Any negative views Ayew had were pretty much known- as much as these things are ever known -  before the Doctor said he was staying.  If he still wants to go  -if he ever did -  it would extremely disappointing all round were he to leave, after theXia has expressly said, gone out of his way to reiterate, that Ayew will not leave.

No reason for him to have been so definite about it unless he was certain.  Additionally, we are nowhere near strong enough in depth to release him.

Whilst we need players who want to play, we couldn't let them all go if they all said they wanted to.  It is by no means unusual to keep someone who is less than 100 % happy, particularly if we don't need the money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We don't need money. We do need squad depth.

• Like 2

So Valencia or Rhodes...... happy with either. Easyjet are doing great deals on the flights, so a quick getaway for the weekend would be lovely. Relaxing in the sun for a couple of days and then coming back to find our who this mystery striker we are going to sign is.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Never mind what Michael118 says mate, Tismyk seems to be the go to guy for opinions on holiday destinations on VT! ;)

Ok place, but not the player for us

Judging by Ayew's body language the first few games he doesn't look interested. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't lose sleep if he wanted to go. Get a natural right winger out there who wants to play for us.

10 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Judging by Ayew's body language the first few games he doesn't look interested. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't lose sleep if he wanted to go. Get a natural right winger out there who wants to play for us.

I think that's just his face, mate.

• Like 2