Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

and have a more realistic chance of playing in the Premier League next season.

This is what i was getting at really. Im not so sure tbh.

9 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I absolutely would. I think his time in Italy has shown him a different type of life compared to what he knew from his limited education. Surrounding himself with players like Elphick and McCormack can only add to that, whilst RDM is someone he could have watched and looked up to when he was a player.

He has played for Alex Ferguson and trained with Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and Gary Neville to name a few thats just at United alone

As far as I know Morrison hasn't been in trouble for a while now. He left West Ham because of not fitting into Allardyce's style of play, and he left QPR to join a bigger club in Lazio. And his 'attitude' problems aren't an on the pitch thing either, he's not a lazy player or someone who only shows up when he feels like it. From what I've read from fans of teams he's played for he actually has a very good work-rate.

I really hope we sign him.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Morrison was being heavily leaned on to use Fat Sams agent which he refused to do and then got bombed out the team. It sounds about right for crooked Sam but sure there is more to it than that. I'm pretty sure you've missed a failed stint at somewhere like Cardiff or somewhere like that which seemed to end in acrimony but not sure why 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has played for Alex Ferguson and trained with Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and Gary Neville to name a few thats just at United alone

Yeah but as a much younger man that was afraid of foreign food. I'm only guessing, but his time in Italy may have helped him mature. 

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Chester is crap worse than Clark no thanks

He's also really short (1,77 / 5 ft 11, would make a less than ideal partnership with Elphick.

At least when defending set pieces and against crosses.

Said it before but we should go for Lewis Dunk. Would be a really good partner for Elphick at CB.

Ideally we would see a RB (??) CB (Dunk), DM (Jedinak), CM (Hughes/Morrison) and a Striker (Hernandez) come in but this is me being super optimistic. Still, with those signings I think we would stand a really good chance of coming straight back up.

Talking in the tactics thread about, well, tactics has tought me that we are woefully short of a left sided winger.

We have Green and Adama on the right (though I'm not entirely sure what the latter is yet!) but only Grealish and Ayew to play down the left, neither of whom resemble wingers in my opinion. 

So one of them would be good. We need to have the option. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Can he play right back?

Everyone that plays for Tony Pulis plays Right back at some point.