Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

38 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If Pulis lets Chester go you have to question why.

After the Lescott debacle I hope we do our research properly on this.

he barely played last season, is behind even Jonas Olsson

2 hours ago, useless said:

As far as I know Morrison hasn't been in trouble for a while now. He left West Ham because of not fitting into Allardyce's style of play, and he left QPR to join a bigger club in Lazio. And his 'attitude' problems aren't an on the pitch thing either, he's not a lazy player or someone who only shows up when he feels like it. From what I've read from fans of teams he's played for he actually has a very good work-rate.

I really hope we sign him.

It would represent a big risk given his past, but I think that it's one worth taking. We are desperate for a spark of creativity, that someone who can potentially change a game in a moment.

2979360e-13cf-4102-9ab9-764950438d50.jpg

Nothing happening here then.

Let's just make something up so we have something to get excited about...

Gareth Bale anyone? I heard he likes Greene King ales (zero knowledge that is true)

Edited by Tubby

59 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Talking in the tactics thread about, well, tactics has tought me that we are woefully short of a left sided winger.

We have Green and Adama on the right (though I'm not entirely sure what the latter is yet!) but only Grealish and Ayew to play down the left, neither of whom resemble wingers in my opinion. 

So one of them would be good. We need to have the option. 

It's been boggling my mind for weeks that we've not been tackling this issue, or even really acknowledging it as a fan base, especially given Sinclair's move. 

Priorities for me are, in the following order:

1. AML - First Choice (like another Traore)

2. CM - First Choice (like Jedinak)

3. CM - Experienced player not expected to start regularly (like Barry)

4. AM - a Promising/Point to prove (like Ravel Morisson)

5. RB - First Choice (to improve on Hutton) 

6. GK - 2nd/3rd choice, veteran type (because I would rather hang a pair of tights between the sticks than watch Bunn play for us again and the jury is out on Steer)

7. ST - assuming Gestede or Kozak aren't going to make the grade and Gabby is finished, but I'd rather see RH-M get some game time tbh. 

8. CB - Rookie/Promising youngster (because I've only seen Suliman coming through here and feel like it would be a solid investment). 

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Schweinsteiger available and exactly what we need, but likely to think he can still do a job at an higher level.

I think he's incredibly likely to be thinking that.  In fact,  you may as well say Ronaldo could do a job,  they're both just as likely.   :)

• Like 2