Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why sell Veretout and Gana for 3m and give up Richards on a free?

Can see Veretout staying Gana is a bit pot luck and Richards has a £5m release fee but if we sold all 3 we'd get minimum £15m 

2 hours ago, Richard said:

We need far too many players and black is not helping 

A new manager has to be appointed before we can start identifying players to sign. Until that's done this thread is irrevelant, at least for transfers in.   

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Didn't realise Tom Carroll from Spuds is out of contract in the summer, could be a great signing if we could tempt him. Nick Powell is also on a free and needs to kick start his career, Add to the list Daniel Bentley and that's x3 good young English squad players for little outlay. Add maybe James Morrison to the list. That would leave a good chunk of money to sort out the spine of CB/DM-CM/CF. 

Am I right in thinking we'd still have to pay a tribunal fee for those guys?

Not that it should be a huge obstacle (if we get a new owner)

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Didn't realise Tom Carroll from Spuds is out of contract in the summer, could be a great signing if we could tempt him. Nick Powell is also on a free and needs to kick start his career, Add to the list Daniel Bentley and that's x3 good young English squad players for little outlay. Add maybe James Morrison to the list. That would leave a good chunk of money to sort out the spine of CB/DM-CM/CF. 

Two really good suggestions in Carroll and Powell to be fair and wouldn't hesitate in taking both.  Good spot! Are you Riley in disguise?  :D  Don't know much about Bentley but presume you mean the Southend keeper? No doubt he'd be better than Guzan!  Morrison isn't a bad option either and would do a job for sure.  Centre half option would be Lewis Dunk for me.  Joey Barton another I would be happy with.  A couple of clever loans from some of the big boys and things could look a whole lot better without much spend.  

Anyone following the Norwegian "Tippeligan" ?

The scoring leader is a 20 y.o Nigerian kid named Fred Friday :D 6 goals + 1 assist in 7 games.

Anyone seen him play? Would not be the first Nigerian who took the route via Norway to English football...

Edit: Obligatory youtube video (from last season)

Edited by sne

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Carroll maybe but I think cause Powell has been transferred already he'd be a free I think 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

These would be well worth looking at but I suspect they will have already spoken to clubs and will have signed for someone else before we have a new manager in place to do a deal for them let alone a new owner to agree signing on fees as well as wages for them. We need to do something now but I fear I will be saying much the same thing in August when players like these are long gone and we are still waiting on a change of owner that is not going to happen which will have been used as a reason to have done nothing to halt our slide.    

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Both are Carroll & Powell are 23 so I think we wouldn't have to pay anything. Bentley is 22 so we would have to pay something at a tribunal,but as he is from league one Southend it won't be much.  

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Both are Carroll & Powell are 23 so I think we wouldn't have to pay anything. Bentley is 22 so we would have to pay something at a tribunal,but as he is from league one Southend it won't be much.  

Ok, I thought I read somewhere the break off age was 24?

25 minutes ago, sne said:

The scoring leader is a 20 y.o Nigerian kid named Fred Friday :D 6 goals + 1 assist in 7 games.

Anyone seen him play? Would not be the first Nigerian who took the route via Norway to English football...

I surely can't be the only person who would be livid if we didn't sign 'Fred Friday'!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I surely can't be the only person who would be livid if we didn't sign 'Fred Friday'!

Agreed, the name alone is reason to sign him, but he's also supposed to be quite the talent (not that I've seen him play)

33 minutes ago, sne said:

At least we already have a song for him!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sne said:

I havent seen defending so bad since Villa vs Southampton on the weekend

On 24/04/2016 at 19:46, avfcwills10 said:

Jonathan Walters, Jadinak, Charlie Adam, Dwight Gayle, Jonas Olsson were the type of players i'd like to see us sign (i think).

I say i think because i've had second thoughts as I was actually typing because if you look at the best teams in the Championship (Burnley, Boro, Brighton), Apart from Barton and Downing, these teams are made up of younger hungry players. 

Given that Gabby is younger than all of those except Dwight Gayle does he count? He's certainly hungry anyway... ;)