Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

12 hours ago, AndyBM said:

with the likelihood that we expect none, or only a few signings this summer with a transfer budget consisting of only what players are sold, what are all your opinions of income from players that are well, clearly going to be leaving or hoping to see leave, if we can scrape £10m together from the below, it might help.

Guzan - £1m

Cissokho - £1m

Lescott - £0

Okore - £3m

Richards - £0

Bacuna - £2m

Richardson - £0

Veretout - £3m

Gana - £3m

NZogbia - £0

Gabby - £0

Bunn - £0

Sanchez - £500k

Westwood - £1m

Crespo - £500k (read a rumour he wants to go back to Spain)

Why sell Veretout and Gana for 3m and give up Richards on a free?

i wouldnt sell them for that if i was in that position, but its clear richards is valueless, he is a gamble for anybody, a slight less of a gamble if you didnt have to buy him, as for gana and veretout, they may come better in the championship, but are they going to want to stay? doubt it, again, one awful season in the premier league also makes them a gamble.

Richards is probably on 40k a week minimum. Which equals at least £6m in wages over the next 3 years. If we can get someone to take him off our hands on a free, we should consider ourselves extremely lucky

• Like 1

Wonder who our main striker will be next season.

Have to get this signing right at the very least. McCormack would be my choice. A proven goalscorer at that level.

Won't be cheap but then again no proven goalscorer will be cheap.

All depends on the ownership situation which is frustrating, I'd imagine regardless of the managerial situation a striker will be a target.

I wonder what our budget would be in the championship, considering our pathetic attempts to spend these past couple of seasons I wonder if we would spend more in the championship as unlikely as it seems?

We don't score enough and we concede plenty. Recipe for disaster if we turn a blind eye on the situation.

• Like 1

How I'd see the squad next year, after we've either got rid of who we want, or the ones who want out have gone (Ayew/Gana who  is like both to stay, but seems improbable)

GoalKeepers:

New Keeper/Steer/Sarkic

Centre Backs:

Baker/Clark/Toner/Sulliman/Experienced CB signing

Fullbacks:

Hutton/Amavi (if we can keep him)

Midfield:

Gardner/Westwood (whilst I'm no fan, I don't think we could strip the entire squad and he could probably compete and championship level)/Lyden/Experienced CM (someone like Barton)

Wingers:

Grealish/Adama/Greene

Forwards:

Gestede/Sellers/Hepburn Murphy + One signing who has experience of scoring in championship

Then the rest of the youth team as back up etc. Obviously ideally I'd want more signings but unless we definitely have a new owner I can't see it happening.

Jonathan Walters, Jadinak, Charlie Adam, Dwight Gayle, Jonas Olsson were the type of players i'd like to see us sign (i think).

I say i think because i've had second thoughts as I was actually typing because if you look at the best teams in the Championship (Burnley, Boro, Brighton), Apart from Barton and Downing, these teams are made up of younger hungry players. 

If we are going to have any chances of promotion next season, we will need a big squad and at least two strikers that are capable of scoring 15 goals in a season i.e chris martin, nahki wells. We would also need a midfield that can contribute 20 goals (5 goals each). I.e  tom Ince ect. 

If the takeover is successful before the summer & Pearson is in charge, then I fully expect us to look towards these type of signings 

That's the key really. The takeover.

If we are in the same situation under Randy Lerner or say the potential new owners aren't what they seem i'd expect us to become the next Fulham and fight against relegation.. this time in the championship.

Fingers crossed we have a new ambitious "project" to look forward to this summer.

Gutted we went after Gestede rather than Andre Gray last summer. I'd look at Tom Bradshaw &/or Zach Clough for a start. Rico Henry & Daniel Bentley. Cheap(ish) squad fillers. Then let's see how our new owners are for $$$ and speculate wildly from there. 

Andre Gray would have been a good signing, I used to work with his mom when i was at College. He was at Shrewsbury town then and he used to come in the cafe every Saturday and i would take his kit bag to give to her. 

Absolute rocket polisher as a person, but very good player. 

• Like 1

with the club in such limbo like no other club would be, theres so many question which not even the club can answer, sort of team i want to see go into the championship...

GK - MYHILL / steer / siegrist
LB - amavi / bennett / swift or kinsella
CB - NEW CB / clark / donacien / baker / toner or lyons-foster
RB - hutton / lyden
LW - sinclair / calder
CM - westwood / gardner / mason / veretout
RW - traore / grealish / green
S - ayew / kozak / gestede / sellers or robinson

25 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

with the club in such limbo like no other club would be, theres so many question which not even the club can answer, sort of team i want to see go into the championship...

GK - MYHILL / steer / siegrist
LB - amavi / bennett / swift or kinsella
CB - NEW CB / clark / donacien / baker / toner or lyons-foster
RB - hutton / lyden
LW - sinclair / calder
CM - westwood / gardner / mason / veretout
RW - traore / grealish / green
S - ayew / kozak / gestede / sellers or robinson

That is not too far from the sort of squad I can see us selecting from next season if we take out Myhill, that new centre back, Traore, Ayew and possibly Amavi. :(    

3 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

Jonathan Walters, Jadinak, Charlie Adam, Dwight Gayle, Jonas Olsson were the type of players i'd like to see us sign (i think).

I say i think because i've had second thoughts as I was actually typing because if you look at the best teams in the Championship (Burnley, Boro, Brighton), Apart from Barton and Downing, these teams are made up of younger hungry players

Well we should be fine then,  we have a load of those already! :D

If the takeover happens and we are given money or Randy makes good on his promise to do whatever he can to take us back to the PL (which I doubt)  then we need to pillage all the best players we can from the teams that just missed on promotion and see what we can loan from the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal 

We have some of our own loaners like Gardner coming back who will be adequate to replace the probably departing Frenchman or Gill