Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 25.4.2016 at 21:49, sne said:

Anyone following the Norwegian "Tippeligan" ?

The scoring leader is a 20 y.o Nigerian kid named Fred Friday :D 6 goals + 1 assist in 7 games.

Anyone seen him play? Would not be the first Nigerian who took the route via Norway to English football...

Edit: Obligatory youtube video (from last season)

Yes, he plays for my local team. He has progressed pretty well and has taken a step up this season. Currently he's too good for the league and no doubt he will be sold this summer. Think it's too early to say he would succeed and he wouldn't be first choice here but he has potential for sure. Would not surprise me if he played in the PL or bundesliga in three-five years but the step might be too big right now. Always hard to call since the opposition is so vastly different.

• Like 1

I really cannot see us paying £7m for a new keeper, £5m for a centre back, £7m for a midfielder and £9m for a new striker much as I would like us to (unless both a takeover happens before the transfer window closes and we get a new manager in place). I think we will looking for loan signings, players at the end of their contracts and one or two players for a fee of around £2m - £3m at best.  

£7m would put our new goalkeeper comfortably into the top 10 of most expensive British goalkeeper transfers of all time.

That's not going to happen when we're in the championship.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I've seen Sarkic quite a few times now, he's impressed me every time, he's got great presence, anticipation and handling. I think he has the makings of being a really top keeper

I would like to see him as our number two keeper next year with Bentley coming in as first choice if we can get a deal done with him before someone else does. But it seems everything is on hold and our "custodian" fiddles while Villa Park burns....

13 minutes ago, John said:

I would like to see him as our number two keeper next year with Bentley coming in as first choice if we can get a deal done with him before someone else does. But it seems everything is on hold and our "custodian" fiddles while Villa Park burns....

Bentley?

4 minutes ago, John said:

Daniel. Southend's 22 year old keeper whose contract is up at the end of the season. 

You'd want a 22 year old, League One keeper as first choice next season?!

Edit:  Admittedly, I know nothing of the guy at all - but that seems brave :o

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You'd want a 22 year old, League One keeper as first choice next season?!

Edit:  Admittedly, I know nothing of the guy at all - but that seems brave :o

I haven't seen him play either, but he seems to be one of the best league one keepers, and he has still got decent potential.

He could be a PL goalkeeper in the future, and teams like Everton,Bournemouth and Norwich are interested in signing him as the media says.

6 minutes ago, Denis242 said:

I haven't seen him play either, but he seems to be one of the best league one keepers, and he has still got decent potential.

He could be a PL goalkeeper in the future, and teams like Everton,Bournemouth and Norwich are interested in signing him as the media says.

Yeah, I think people are suggesting him purely from media links (no offence John, you might have seen him play more).

Remember when Grealish was being linked with Man City and Chelsea?  Yeah.

Hopefully we can go back in for Kalinic as our keeper. I'd want a new RB hopefully keep Okore Clark Amavi Westwood Gardner Veretout Grealish Adama and a new CF would be easily good enough as a 1st team to win that league. 

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/664986/Celtic-Aston-Villa-Arnor-Ingvi-Traustason-Premier-League-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

Traustason currently plays in Sweden for top-flight outfit IFK Norrkoeping but made his international debut last year for the country of his birth, Iceland.

The 22-year-old impressed the coaches in the international set-up and now has six caps to his name and is expected to be named in the Iceland squad for Euro 2016.

His emergence onto the European scene has reportedly caught the eye of a number of British scouts and Icelandic outlet MBL claim both Villa and Celtic are interested

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Have quite a few mates who supports IFK Norrköping and they rate him very highly, was an integral part in the team who won the championship last season.

Haven't seen enough of him to say if he's ready to make an impact in the Championship from the get go. But it's not impossible by any means.

There are a few extremely talented players in the Scandinavian leagues atm for whom the Championship might be a good step. If we can show enough ambition or beat the other teams competing for them is another matter. 

Ludwig Augustinsson FCK (LB)

Oscar Lewicki Malmö FF (DCM/CM)

Fred Friday Lilleström (CF)

Both Denmark and Norway have very exciting young generations coming through but I'm sure others have better knowledge about them than I do.

Heard little about how Pione Sisto is developing at Midtylland, still linked to top clubs?