Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Ballotelli was lazy enough when he thought he had to put a shift in to save his Liverpool career. 

Imagine how he'd be in the championship where he probably feels like he could take the foot off the gas!

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm guessing the answer is because he's terrible! lolz!

Well, I'm not saying he's terrible, but you know... managers don't not play good players, considering one of those teams got relegated, you'd think they would have given him a go? 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well, I'm not saying he's terrible, but you know... managers don't not play good players, considering one of those teams got relegated, you'd think they would have given him a go? 

They used him as a sub for part of a season.  WhoScored reckons he played about 220 minutes of football for Norwich.  He got pretty unlucky here:

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/vdaw.mp4

(Edit:  That's a video of Bamford hitting the bar against Man City whilst playing for Norwich).

Edited by bobzy

---------------------Gollini---------------------

Bacuna----Elphick----Chester----Amavi

------------Jedinak-------Tshibola----------

Ayew----------McCormack-------Grealish

-------------------Gestede---------------------

I know Ayew is a decent player when he's on form but that right side really isn't the best is it? Definitely need to look into that before the end of the window. Other than the two in bold that is a bloody cracking team.

Still need more strength in depth as we will need to rotate this team having play games in succession.  

Wish list would be:

Ravel Morrision AM

Peter Whittingham RW - Bring him back home

Bersant Celina LW (loan)

Hernandez/Bamford ST

Plus a RB?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Not to go over all this again, but Bamford is simply a better player.

To say he was "terrible" for Palace and Norwich is mental - he barely played for either of them and, when he did, still showed he's more than capable (e.g: near wondergoal against Man City).  He's basically 1 in 2 for his career - far better than Hernandez and with time on his side.

(I don't think Hernandez is even that good tbh).

Bamford is a good player- yes he needs game time and a manager to trust him and allow him time to find his feet and confidence again- then see him go 

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

Peter Whittingham RW - Bring him back home

He’ll be 32 in a few weeks. He made his debut for us at 18 and it doesn’t seem that long ago. Makes me feel old :-(

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

:-) Isn't Andre Green a R.W.? Not suggesting that we throw him in at the deep end, but if we get a replacement for Traore then Green could be good backup,

from  what ive seen, Green isn't ready...

• Like 2

Was searching in relation to Diawara as couldn't see a reference to him going to Napoli; however Sport 1 German News Site suggests Schalke could be in for him. In German:

Um einen Wechsel erzwingen zu können, boykottiert Amadou Diawara das Training seines Klubs FC Bologna. Sein nächster Klub könnte Schalke 04 heißen.

Amadou Diawara will seinen Wechsel vom FC Bologna erzwingen und nimmt nach dem Urlaub bislang nicht am Training der Italiener teil. Dem TV-Sender SportItalia zufolge ist auch Schalke 04eine Option für den Mittelfeldspieler.

Der AC Mailand und der SSC Neapel sind angeblich auch am 19-Jährigen interessiert. Schalke wollte Diawara bereits im vergangenen Winter verpflichten. Der Mann aus Guinea hat in Bologna noch einen Vertrag bis 2020.

And in "Google English":

To force a change , Amadou Diawara boycotted the training of his club FC Bologna . His next club could mean Schalke 04th Amadou Diawara wants his move from FC Bologna force and takes after the holidays yet at training the Italians part . TV channel Sport Italia According to the also Schalke is 04eine option for the midfielder . AC Milan and Napoli are interested allegedly also at the 19 -year-olds . Schalke wanted Diawara commit in the previous winter . The man from Guinea in Bologna still has a contract until 2020th

No idea if that is even close, but if Schalke in for him also this is even less likely than before.

Next!

21 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Honestly Richard, I can say the same for 90% of the posts I read on Villa Talk. I read nearly every post on this board and 'other football' and agree in full with only a tiny percentage. I am trying to limit my posting because I haven't got the time to reply to 10 rebuttals for every post I make especially if I'm repeating the same points I've already made previously. Saying that though I have a huge amount of confidence in what I am putting forward. My opinions are not just plucked from mid air. I've watched and played different codes of football my whole life and have a strong interest in psychology and spirituality. You might not think that matters but it runs through everything including football. I try and combine all 3 aspects when I am forming an opinion. There is so much going on under the surface of everything that most people are not aware of. I like to think I can tap into some of that and put forward some opinions that may seem off centre at the time but have a good chance of being accurate as time goes by. People will then come to their own conclusions for "why" that happened. If people want to write my opinions off or take them on board that's entirely up to them. 

Ah spiritually has led you to believe Clark is better than Elphick..... I understand completely now

The Diawara thing always seemed a bit far fetched, so I won't lose any sleep over him not coming. It could've just been journalists, or perhaps we were trying to make another move happen by making it known we had money to spend and other targets.

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Diawara thing always seemed a bit far fetched, so I won't lose any sleep over him not coming. It could've just been journalists, or perhaps we were trying to make another move happen by making it known we had money to spend and other targets.

I think it was always a complete longshot, but from the reports it does seem to have been a genuine attempt.  It would have been really good to have a couple of new players with potential to develop into decent PL performers to integrate into the team now so that (hopefully) next year we can kick on without another complete rebuild.  One step at a time though.

• Like 2