Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

45 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Actually they did, it was about a week ago. I remember because I got involved with the debate saying it was a ridiculous thing to do

About Sinclair ?

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I think people are just expecting these things to have happened earlier. Or (very reasonably) worried that we're not openly looking to sell some of the players we'd like shipped out. However it's easy to have a dig at people with hindsight, and I'm sure many people wouldn't be so concerned if we actually knew which players were being sold and which ones were being given the dreaded 'second chance'. However that is news only available to people within the club so I'd expect more comments from people suggesting we pay off contracts etc. Especially with only a couple of weeks until the season starts.

patience is a virtue. and i'm not having a dig in hindsight, i said it at the time.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

patience is a virtue. and i'm not having a dig in hindsight, i said it at the time.

I agree, I don't think paying off contracts is the way. But I think the comment was a bit sarcastic seeing as a lot of people are just panicking over so little being done. But there are people who would've just bought out contracts if they could have so I guess I do see your point.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2016 at 13:49, Grasshopper said:

Hi,

The point I was trying to make was that:

Dr X may just about have enough capital to say - bad egg nr 1 (2,3,4 &/or5) can go because affording the costs now will not effect AVFC's immediate progress.

N.B. Anyone not disgusted by the performances and antics of Gabby, Lescott, Bacuna, Richards, Guzan, Sinclair. Please dont defend them or state a new season/new chance - I'm beyond that (Imho)

I personally can not afford to pay off under performers in my business.

However, I dont - luckily - have any bad eggs amongst my lot.

2 years ago a long time friend, in a very important position, had alcohol problems that effected his decision making. I had no choice but to fire him from my senior staff and replace him.

I've recently joined forces with another contractor to put a team together for a working project that will run for the next 6-9months. 3 assets from my pool, 3 from his. After 4 weeks we (mainly my decision) sacked one of his guys because he wasnt up to it.

I admit I'm talking about modest wages and not 60pw for Gabby. But the overall business thinking is the same. One simply gets rid of bad eggs IF one can afford it.

There also comes a time when one can NOT afford to bite the bullet for the sake of long term.

I believe honestly, that with Gabby & co, we're at that point.

So, One more time.

I'm of the opinion that, the above mentioned should be shipped out IF Dr X can afford it. If not, I fear RDM has a more difficult job with than without.

This poster suggests so. Sinclair is of the 'above mentioned'.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

About Sinclair ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But I think a m ole's post was a tongue in cheek jibe at those posts.

FWIW I think those suggesting paying off a load of players as a viable option are in dreamland. It just doesn't and won't happen.

I agree, not loads no, but maybe a couple of the really bad eggs - notice Tony has just tweeted we will say farewell to 3-4 unwanted players this week.

25 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I agree, not loads no, but maybe a couple of the really bad eggs - notice Tony has just tweeted we will say farewell to 3-4 unwanted players this week.

I could see us doing it for one or two, but it won't be until they've tried to sell them first. 

It's an odd thing to tweet as the players seemingly (if you believe the recent articles and rumours) on their way out are Sinclair, Vertout and Sanchez. Now whereas I won't exactly shed a tear over those three leaving, I wouldn't have said they should be first in the list to go either.

Even Guzan going to Middlesboggle is very 'meh'

I haven't seen any clubs linked to Lescott, Gabby, Richards or Bacuna yet and there is no way we will pay any of them off as that would probably cost 10-15mil.

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This (although not sure on the last bit)

It may be their only option if they want rid of them. Tony Xia has intimated as much on twitter. I am worried he will be left with egg on his face if he doesn't follow through on some of his posts.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think people have also forgotten we have Kozak etc

I think kozak has a part to play against the lesser teams in the league he can chip in with the odd goal 

Edited by dpt666

57 minutes ago, omariqy said:

They want Guzan, Bacuna, Richards, Lescott and Gabby to find new clubs. Easier said then done. I reckon they will pay some of them off. 

They are probably going to transfer list them. Too expensive to pay up their contracts, so I doubt that will happen.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

It's an odd thing to tweet as the players seemingly (if you believe the recent articles and rumours) on their way out are Sinclair, Vertout and Sanchez. Now whereas I won't exactly shed a tear over those three leaving, I wouldn't have said they should be first in the list to go either.

Even Guzan going to Middlesboggle is very 'meh'

I haven't seen any clubs linked to Lescott, Gabby, Richards or Bacuna yet and there is no way we will pay any of them off as that would probably cost 10-15mil.

Reading the actual tweet, he doesn't say that players are leaving, just something like "the old days are over". This could mean the cushy ride that they had- Richards & Gabby were definitely in the group of troublemakers. Lescott probably was as well. Guzan to his credit probably wasn't. I'm surprised Bacuna hasn't had a mention.

It's hotting up for a very interesting two week lead up to the Wednesday game-I reckon at least two in and wouldn't like to guess how many out. Hopefully, it will be around 4 or 5.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

They want Guzan, Bacuna, Richards, Lescott and Gabby to find new clubs. Easier said then done. I reckon they will pay some of them off. 

They would be bonkers if they didn't add Hutton to that list 

• Like 2