Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I have a feeling RDM likes him. Hope not.

Compared to the rest whether RDM likes him or not there are bigger priorities. Ideal scenario Guzan, Bacuna, Richards, Lescott, Gabby and Hutton find new clubs, but it won't be the end of the world if he's the last one left when the dust has settled.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I have a feeling RDM likes him. Hope not.

Hutton is crap, i don't dispute that. But when you have a squad full of tossers who don't seem to care, i wouldn't be in to much of a rush to get rid of those that at least put a bit of effort in. 

I'd love a new RB, but there are 3 or 4 ahead of him for the chop imo. 

Edited by av1

Use the transfer fee from Sinclair to pay off Lescott :)

I don't expect either Hutton or Bacuna to be gone, I think Bacuna will be the squad member backing up a number of roles in the team but more to Hutton as a right back especially if we go searching for a goal in the second half.

I think we can lock quite a few positions in for the first team that we go into the season with.   Gollini, amavi, elphick, hutton and either (clark, baker or okore) will be make up the back 5 as I don't see any changes to this.  

Tsh, gueye (if not sold) will be the deep midfielders and Ayew will be starting in the final third whether it be up top or supporting striker.   Leaves us with 3 positions that we need to address.   I think they'll be filled by two new faces and the third will be made up of Grealish, Adama, Gestede (hope im wrong) depending on who we get in.

back up squad members: bunn, 2 of either clark/baker/okore, bacuna, bennet, sanchez, gabby (don't see him leaving), kozak, the three young fellas

don't think we'll have veretout, lescott, westwood after deadline day but would also like to ship off Richards and gabby but don't see it happening

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I used to think that but I thought at times his attitude stank towards the end of season. I saw him jogging back a few times when we were caught on the break, he wasn't even trying to run or stop it just going through the motions.

Since then I've change my view of him.

Yep, same.

Used to rate his attitude but not so sure anymore.

Mind you, by that time, i think most players had given up. That's no excuse, but with something to play for he might regain that positive attitude. 

Like I said, I wouldn't be at all fussed if he left. I just don't imagine he's one of the priorities to get rid of.

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

They would be bonkers if they didn't add Hutton to that list 

Players like Hutton are symptomatic of how far we've fallen really - he's really poor but escapes everyone's attention because we're focused on the other (even poorer) players. His attitude is OK which seems to make people sympathetic towards him, and and maybe he could do a job in the championship as back-up, but imagine if we had a strong quick right back in the Amavi mould - how much stronger would we be!  I know we would struggle to find anyone as good as Amavi but I think we could find someone who is much better than Hutton to be first choice.  IMO.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, same.

Used to rate his attitude but not so sure anymore.

Mind you, by that time, i think most players had given up. That's no excuse, but with something to play for he might regain that positive attitude. 

Like I said, I wouldn't be at all fussed if he left. I just don't imagine he's one of the priorities to get rid of.

Completely agree.

I just have a very very very low tolerance to lack of effort from players, at any level including when I play I can't abide it.

Regardless of a score or season it isn't acceptable (not saying you think it is) and once I've seen it in a player then they just aren't for me.

• Like 2

Fair enough I guess. It's not like we have model professionals in abundance is it. 

Perhaps "didn't take the piss"  was the pass/fail standard for our lot last season :-)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hutton is fine for the Championship, but as soon as we get promoted he should go as I do not believe he's good enough for top flight.

Not even sure he is good enough for the Championship tbh - how many teams will have better right backs than Hutton - quite a few I would guess.  Also we can't complain about being  terrible and toothless in the final third and then say "ah well Hutton will do a job" as our attacking RB - these things are linked!   He should be back-up and used selectively. Hopefully sell Richards and buy a better replacement.

• Like 2

We all see it differently, but to me a quick attacking RB in the Amavi mould would help us a lot because it would give us width, pace and service to players like Gestede; we just can't rely on Hutton to get down the flanks and put quality crosses in.  As you say there are other priorities right now, but if I was RDM I would want a better RB.

• Like 3

A RB for me is not priority. I accept that we are going to be starting with some of the side from last season. However, we still need cover for that position, especially if we are able to offload both Richards and Bacua.

Currently, we need to address our midfield and strike force as a priority. If that gives Hutton a reprieve then so be it.

I think that we will make around 4 more signings. A midfielder & striker before the Wednesday game and two others between then and the end of August. It may be that a RB comes in late but I'm pretty certain that we are going to be starting with Hutton and could even go with him until January or even beyond.

If a good quality RB is available this summer, I'm sure we'll be in the hunt for him but I can't see this being within the next 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

We all see it differently, but to me a quick attacking RB in the Amavi mould would help us a lot because it would give us width, pace and service to players like Gestede; we just can't rely on Hutton to get down the flanks and put quality crosses in.  As you say there are other priorities right now, but if I was RDM I would want a better RB.

I don't disagree with this at all. I'm not saying we shouldn't be wanting to improve or that RDM wouldn't want to improve in that position.

I just think it's one of those that they'll see as ok for now whilst we strengthen in higher priority areas.

• Like 2

they must decide what they want from a rb, hutton is better defensively but bacuna is better going forward. bacuna isnt good defensively and hutton is better then him. so why is hutton our main outlet for crosses/attack when hes not that good at it. if we are using our right full back to attack then play bacuna, not that im a fan of his im just saying

2 minutes ago, Richie k said:

they must decide what they want from a rb, hutton is better defensively but bacuna is better going forward. bacuna isnt good defensively and hutton is better then him. so why is hutton our main outlet for crosses/attack when hes not that good at it. if we are using our right full back to attack then play bacuna, not that im a fan of his im just saying

I agree. The right hand side is a bit of a shambles, we need to identify a top championship/young RB and go get them. Unless of course Hutton is under strict orders not to bomb forwards - it pains me to see him prang it to nobody after making a 40 yard sprint.