Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, dounavilla said:

Reality bites.

Shocked when i saw this. Newspaper talk

But why would so many clubs want Lawrence on loan? Hardly pulled up any trees so far in his career and willing to bet his next loan will be just as poor.

He isn't a good player at all

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Shocked when i saw this. Newspaper talk

But why would so many clubs want Lawrence on loan? Hardly pulled up any trees so far in his career and willing to bet his next loan will be just as poor.

He isn't a good player at all

2 goals in 36 Championship games last season doesnt impress you ;)

• Like 1

Gomis probably leaving Swansea on loan for Marseille.

Hasn't been consistent enough the last few seasons, but when he's good he's really good.

Would he be a good move for us?

The difference between Ravel and the rest of our so called 'poor personality' players is that Ravel is actually good.

Gazza churned out many good years despite probably being much worse than Ravel in terms of personality.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's simple for me, if we sign Ravel Morrison we've learned nothing at all from the flaming ruins of last season. 

A player with an atrocious attitude, clearly with massive motivation issues who is looking for a meal ticket back into English football, who is regularly touted as 'class' and with abilities far beyond what we deserve (the echoes of the first half dozen pages of the Lescott and Richards threads are there if you want to hear them) yet who hasn't actually anything in football for years and can't nail down a regular first team position. 

I will be livid if we sign him. 

Exactly. We're not in a position to take risks like him. We need stability, however boring it may be. 

• Like 1

I wish I could dig out that post by a Utd fan on here about Morrison.  It sounded like his problems are a bit more complicated than him just being a bad egg, but a mixture of learning difficulties and other issues that will take a bit more understanding and patience if he's to succeed.

7 hours ago, meme said:

The difference between Ravel and the rest of our so called 'poor personality' players is that Ravel is actually good.

Gazza churned out many good years despite probably being much worse than Ravel in terms of personality.

4kVPlH.gif

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wish I could dig out that post by a Utd fan on here about Morrison.  It sounded like his problems are a bit more complicated than him just being a bad egg, but a mixture of learning difficulties and other issues that will take a bit more understanding and patience if he's to succeed.

That was a post by tommybread, wasn't it?

Edit: This one?

Edited by TB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

We really need to build a strong 'team'. Lads who will run through brick walls for the shirt and that have a genuine sense of togetherness. I've flirted with the idea of wanting Morrison to sign but he ultimately seems to have too much baggage and will likely upset the balance (assuming we actually get some balance).

So much work to do on the squad . For sure assess them isn't there such things as DVDs showing our games from last season ? This squad is awful loads out and loads in needed if we go into next season with largely the same squad we are going  to struggle . The coaching / management have been incredibly slow not enough out and not enough in. Is there money available? If he had as much as he wanted I fail to see how he has no signed more than the three he has or put players on the list for 250k . At that price, which represents a loss that the owner is t,alkibg about, there should be interest in Richards, lescott, flabby, Westwood. We've had offers for Sinclair he has turned down, don't see him doing too much in preseason . He has reputed offers for Sanchez, get shot . He has a reputed offer for Westwood sell him. Seems to me the action to knock down the squad and start again has been all talk and no action and I'm not sure if it is rdm or xia to blame 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Richard why does anyone have to take the blame? You do know it's you that is setting some sort of deadline for deals to be done. Maybe they have a plan, maybe they're adapting to issues that come up. Just because in your head certain things should have happened either RDM or Dr X need to be blamed for them not being done. Crazy thinking at this point. 

Not really setting a deadline just saying that they have not done enough work soon enough. Yes in my opinion things, well more things should have happened by now and t,hey haven't . So really it's only logical that because I think things have not progressed that I then look for a reason for that. It's my opinion. I appreciate that others on here won't have a similar one and at least you've explained thought processes behind yours