Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I read an article about the out of conract Stuttgart winger Martin Harnik.

He said that England would ''excite'' him.

Wouldn't be a bad signing on free. His last season wasn't great but he's still an Austrian international, and I can't see so much PL clubs wanting him.

Could do a job in the Championship.

Edited by Denis242

4 hours ago, John said:

I'm sure Ian does as well but that would still make him 38 years old so a bit long in the tooth for our midfield try 20 years younger. ;)

even at 48 he would be better than our current midfield B)

aside from those promoted with their respective teams I wonder if any of these could be worth moving for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

• Like 1

My question is this. If DiMatteo wants to get to work immediately with clearing out and bringing in players,  as most clubs are actively doing already then is the money available right now ?   Hearing that the fit and proper testing might not be finished until the end of June, that isn't ideal. Will Xia release money now to sign players for a club he technically doesn't own yet!. June needs to be a busy month for us.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

My question is this. If DiMatteo wants to get to work immediately with clearing out and bringing in players,  as most clubs are actively doing already then is the money available right now ?   Hearing that the fit and proper testing might not be finished until the end of June, that isn't ideal. Will Xia release money now to sign players for a club he technically doesn't own yet!. June needs to be a busy month for us.

I don't see how he can pay for players if he doesn't own the club yet. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

All I have read from the likes of Birmingham Mail is Di Matteo can start assessing the squad now and anyone he's not happy with that likely won't sell for their "valuation" can be sold at a majorly cut down price. I have seen some sources taking that and insinuating that does also mean releasing some of them once Xia has taken over if no one has taken the bait, but for now all it seems we can do is list people for transfer that Di Matteo doesn't want. That said all we are missing out on are those pre-transfer deals that a few clubs are making, but it seems that work is happening now and the takeover will likely be ratified by the time the transfer window is open. 

12 hours ago, John said:

I'm sure Ian does as well but that would still make him 38 years old so a bit long in the tooth for our midfield try 20 years younger. ;)

still at 38 better than Westwood or Gueye

Joel Ekstrand (and Steven Taylor :D)  released by their clubs (Watford & Newcastle)

Ekstrand could be a good signing depending on how he recovered from his injury, bit of a gamble thou.

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Barry was here a long time. I just wonder if he could be tempted back.

Koeman is apparently being given £100m for the transfer kitty, so a new midfield and being down the pecking order potentially could tempt Barry to leave for pretty much guaranteed first team football. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2