Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Tbh I just picked £8m out of the air, I don't know how much Dunk would cost.  I don't know that much about who the best centre halves are but I think if we've got a fair amount of money to spend, a decent, youngish one who could develop into a Premier League centre half would be one of my priorities.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd look for someone like Vorm or Pantillimon in goal, try and buy Dunk for £8m-ish, someone like Sam Byram on loan at right back, Tom Carroll on a free and perhaps Gaston Ramirez too.  Try and keep everyone except Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Sinclair, Bacuna, Hutton and Gabby (Richardson and Zog will leave anyway).  Perhaps a couple of old heads like Rickie Lambert up front and Gary O'Neill in midfield, I don't really mind who, just a couple of solid pros.

Vorm would be a good signing, no chance of him getting any time with Lloris at Spurs. I think he would come for playing time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Did Gazton Ramirez play well for Boro this season? Just thinking, on a free, he might be worth a punt.

He was quality. So good that you'd be surprised if they don't snap him up. 

But then, if they're really in for the Praet's and Fisher's of this world it's likely they won't have a place for him, in which case we should offer him a deal.

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered a hundred times, but do championship clubs have a squad limit like the premier league of 25 players?

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We don't need an £8m centre half for the Championship.

People keep throwing round absurd transfer fees for the Championship.

Spending £8m on a CB in the Championship would be like spending £20m in the prem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd look for someone like Vorm or Pantillimon in goal, try and buy Dunk for £8m-ish, someone like Sam Byram on loan at right back, Tom Carroll on a free and perhaps Gaston Ramirez too.  Try and keep everyone except Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Sinclair, Bacuna, Hutton and Gabby (Richardson and Zog will leave anyway).  Perhaps a couple of old heads like Rickie Lambert up front and Gary O'Neill in midfield, I don't really mind who, just a couple of solid pros.

You are advocating spunking £8m on Lewis Dunk. Christ.

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't worry. He isn't an £8m centre half.

Have you seen him play? If so, why don't you think he's an £8m centre back? I haven't seen him play but I have heard glowing reports

Can't see Will Hughes fitting in under Pearson. I'd like Him or Zac Clough, who can develop into very good players. I'd also like Anthony Knockaert, who can definitely cut it at this level.

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Some decent shouts there but Rickie has old legs to go along with his old head and Albion would love us to take him off their hands. 

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

Can't see Will Hughes fitting in under Pearson. I'd like Him or Zac Clough, who can develop into very good players. I'd also like Anthony Knockaert, who can definitely cut it at this level.

Guess Derby will flog him for beans then. Happy days.

Long shot I realise but I wonder if we could get Matt Ryan on loan. Hasn't played much since joining Valencia, highly rated at Brugge, maybe Bozzie could put a word in for us. 

I posted this the other day and hope that RDM will consider snapping up some of the best young talent around the leagues, either on loan or permanently.  Plenty out there and did a list of some suggestions:

Gk:  Christian Walton, Daniel Bentley, Danny Ward.

Def:  Dominic Iorfa, Kortney Hause, Rico Henry, Jamaal Lascelles, Paddy McNair, Mason Holgate, Michael Hector, Liam Moore, Joe Gomez, Lewis Dunk.

Mid:  Anthony Knockaert, Tom Carroll, Nathan Redmond, Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh Vela, Teddy Bishop, Callum Camps, Moses Odubajo, Alex Mowatt, Bradley Dack, Will Hughes, Sheyi Ojo, Brandon Barker, Alex Iwobi, Rolando Aarons, Romaine Sawyers, Rubén Loftus-Cheek.

Str:  Cauley Woodrow, Zach Clough, Will Grigg, Patrick Bamford, Che Adams, Nakhi Wells, Joel Campbell, Moussa Dembele, Tom Bradshaw, Kemar Roofe.

Some of the above are ambitious to say the least and would only be possible on loan (ie Loftus-Cheek).  Would RDM still have some connections at Chelsea? Some would be 'projects' but surely worth considering?  In addition, put some of the above against some experience (ie Artur Boruc, Marc Wilson, Damian Delaney, Barry, Osman, Jedinak, Morrison, Walters), then we could have the makings of a decent side again.  This is without considering some of our own like Adama, Grealish, Amavi etc. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3