Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Not sure pairing two centre midfielders who can't run with two wingers that don't track back very much would be a great idea :P

Dont care, just want players I like on the field :) (not necessarily meaning Grealish though).

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Barry and Will Hughes in midfield would be quality.

Add Knockaert and Morrison too, then I'd be more than happy with those 4 fighting it out for 2/3 central spots.

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It isn't a very good team though is it?

It's a realistic team mate and one that should be good enough to get out of the Chamionship.  We just need to get out of the division. 

Ended up having an impromptu play date at our local park with Michael Dawson, his wife and young boy today. We had a nice chat whilst our sons played together. Really nice guy and just the type of character we need to now fill our squad with. Players that will never give anything less than 100%. Told him he'd be welcome at the Villa :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Osman I think be a certainty if Moyes signs. hopefully doesnt go for Tony HIbbert as he will definite make Hutton look like Cafu

You always make me chuckle!

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Osman I think be a certainty if Moyes signs. hopefully doesnt go for Tony HIbbert as he will definite make Hutton look like Cafu

I. Don't understand this comment?  Hutton IS Cafu! 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I. Don't understand this comment?  Hutton IS Cafu! 

Reminds me of one of the greatest posts I ever read on here (can't remember who posted it). England were playing Scotland and Hutton was having a blinder, someone on here posted "Hutton dressed as Lahm" :crylaugh:

• Like 2

Just had a slightly worrying thought.

Xia said the transfer budget would be between £20 and £50m depending on how many players the new manager wants.

Assuming that means the new manager will judge the squad before a budget is decided and we start buying players.

Does that mean we will not be buying anyone until pre-season training is well under way and potentially after we have started playing competitive games?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Xia said the transfer budget would be between £20 and £50m depending on how many players the new manager wants.

Assuming that means the new manager will judge the squad before a budget is decided and we start buying players.

Does that mean we will not be buying anyone until pre-season training is well under way and potentially after we have started playing competitive games?

Who knows mate but I'd imagine whoever comes in will be well aware of our shortcomings this year and will likely bring a few players in quickly. He'll also have a queue of players asking for transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What is there to judge? Just watch any game from last season to see what we're working with.

As has been stated in the manager thread it was apparently suggested by Moyes that he would need to build three squads to hit the target of promotion, premier league stability and european domination. It's not a huge secret that our squad is beyond repair so I wouldn't be surprised if we actually spend more than £50 million getting a squad ready and it will start happening before pre-season. 

Moyes or Pearson or RDM will know our stronger players and our beyond shit ones just from watching a few of our matches last season, they won't need pre-season to judge 80% of the playing staff. Our main issue is finding buyers for the ones that have to leave because they are a negative influence and/or so bad they should never wear our shirt again.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Who knows mate but I'd imagine whoever comes in will be well aware of our shortcomings this year and will likely bring a few players in quickly. He'll also have a queue of players asking for transfers. 

Unless they think they can revitalise people like Lescott, Richards and Gabby and those players want to sit on big contracts.

Hopefully everything is rosy and ther is nothing to worry about.

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

We can all see the obvious flaws in the squad, and none of us are on the training pitch with the players day in, day out. 

The new manager will have a pretty good idea of where the changes will need to be made already. Yes, some of the more borderline decisions will have to be sorted once he's seen the players in action, but he should have enough to start moving on things straight away I would have thought. 

10 hours ago, sonic_bouma said:

Ended up having an impromptu play date at our local park with Michael Dawson, his wife and young boy today. We had a nice chat whilst our sons played together. 

LOL what?