Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

As terrible as our entire team is, I think defence needs to be a priority. It's so hard to build a side that can challenge for the Championship without that solid back line. At the very least; new 'keeper, new RB, new CB (possibly 2). 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This time last year Boro were re-signing Stewart Downing who'd had a good season at West Ham. Derby were signing Bradley Johnson who had just been promoted to the prem with Norwich.

With the expected budget I don't see why we can't sign some players from bottom half of premier league. Personally I'd try to get in Morrison who's out of contract  at West Brom and Charlie Adam.

Both would improve our central midfield massively, as much as both can actually score goals.

Agreed on Morrison. Always quite liked him as a player, despite him being at the Albion and scoring past us a few times.

31 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed on Morrison. Always quite liked him as a player, despite him being at the Albion and scoring past us a few times.

He also effectively kept us up one year didn't he?

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He also effectively kept us up one year didn't he?

Yep. Last minute equaliser to take 2 point off Bolton which would've made for a horrible last day if he didn't.

Complete overhaul required - 

Out: 

Guzan £1m (prob USA) - unfortunately must leave

Mark Bunn £300,000 (Championship or Div 1)

Richards £3m (to Bottom of Prem) - must leave

Cissoko £2m (to France or Turkey)

Lescott £500,000 (to USA) - must leave

Okore £2.5m (to Prem)

Amavi £10.5m (to Italy or France) - hope he would stay

Bacuna £2m (to Holland) - times up, must go

Gana £8m (to Prem League) - hope he stays

Richardson £free - out of contract

Veretout £5m (back to France)

N'Zogbia £free - out of contract

Sanchez £2m - (to Spain or Portugal)

Agbonlahor £1m (to Turkey) - must leave

Kozak £500,000 (to Europe)

Ayew £8m (to Prem, Swansea maybe)

Thats 16 players out - quite an overhaul with takings of £30-40m some may think this number is high, but Amavi, Ayew and Gana have been decent in a god awful team and I would expect to get a similar return for the money we paid. Amavi is a sought after, talented, young left back who would demand a good fee. Ayew was one of our few shining lights this season, in a half decent team he will score a bucket full of goals. Gana topped the charts in interceptions and tackles for the whole season. I will be surprised if we can hold onto any of them.

Leaving us with a depleted squad of:

Steer, Baker, Bennett, Clark, Hutton, Kinsella, Toner, Westwood, Gardner, Gil, Grealish, Sinclair, Lyden, Traore (don't think anyone will afford/ risk buying him), Gestede plus reserves

In an ideal world we would require - at least:

1 x keeper, 1 x RB, 1x LB, 2 x CB, 3 x Mid, 3 x Forward .......... ie. a new first 11

Of the freebies - I would go for 

James Morrison, Tom Carroll, Damien Delaney, Leon Osman, Marcin Wasllewski

Buy Crouch and Adam from Stoke, maybe a loan for Charlie Austin or Danny Ings.......... what d'you reckon 

32 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Moyes is manager then Gibson on a free transfer is a big possibility.

How about Osman? Would bring much needed experience into the heart of the midfield.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd hope we could keep Ayew, Amavi, Gana, Okore, Veretout and Cissokho now.  Then give Moyes a decent war chest to get a mixture of good pros and up-and-coming Football League players.

Yes the likes of those staying on, then our promising youth products promoted to the first team squad (Toner, Lyden, Hepburn Murphy and maybe more) . Then bring back Baker, Robinson and Gardner to the squad. Then a nice mix of experience (likes of Barton, Osman, Gibson as mentioned) with good up and coming talents (Tom Bradshaw for example) as well as seasoned Championship players (Alan Judge for example). It's going to be a big overhaul so I think we need to minimise it as much as we can hence suggesting bringing back our loaned out players and promoting youth players. 

5 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

You can bet Paddy, Fox and Almstadt didn't know 'why' they were doing anything! 

I agree. That is why I think having ex Villa players in coaching staff and important roles is essential (where possible - they have to be qualified of course). People who have the club in their hearts are the ones we need as they will walk through walls for us. Youth players are likely to have this ethos too. The more people with good 'whys' in this club from top to bottom the better. 

Who are the ones would play / represent / work for Aston Villa if there was no money in the world? 

Edited by villanwesty88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

I mentioned twice before but with the Moyes rumours ive decided to wheel it out again.

Gareth Barry in and as new captain. 

Can't see him coming but yes, it would be brilliant. Maybe Moyes can persuade him.

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can't see him coming but yes, it would be brilliant. Maybe Moyes can persuade him.

I think it can happen.

Moyes, money, captaincy and I have the feeling he honestly loved his time with us.

Plus it would be his final career move and I couldn't see if starting under a new manager at Everton week in week out.