limpid

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

This opinion baffles me. Everyone goes on about how awful our players are but then come back to blaming the manager. How? The players are all completely awful and the club is rotten to the core. Garde is the least of the problems. He's almost totally irrelevant in the scheme of things and in the sum of how **** we are.

He's in a very difficult situation. But he's chose Richardson as an attacking option. He's failed to even attempt to make real attacking changes in winnable scenarios. 

Started brightly but didn't take our chances like usually. Then of course they score and our confidence went to pieces. Norwich are playing very poorly but they're lucky they are not facing a Premier League football team.

Edited by bose

We may as well lose 4-0 as 1-0. I'd be going full retard and playing an inverse Christmas tree formation with Adama as captain and a pair of blinkers strapped to his head so he can only run and never pass. Grealish in the free role. Gil and the no. 10 position. And Hepburn Murphy in the hole behind the strikers.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Hilarious how you have someone like Richardson playing when you have Gil Grealish Adama who can't get a game

add Sinclair and Bacuna to that. How they get to play is beyond me.

You go ahead and blame the manager for that. I won't.

Who should be doing that job then?

And exactly what IS the manager responsible for if not how the players play the game?

It's very easy to generalise and take the view, team bad, manager bad. Of course the manager takes some responsibility, a large amount indeed. The whole 'boo hoo Garde is useless' stuff is so one dimensional, I don't subscribe to it.

Please tell me how Garde is directly responsible for the individual decision making errors and lack of concentration that led to that goal.

It's not Pro Evo, Garde doesn't individually control each player and tell them what to do in every situation. If we had been playing badly, which we hadn't, and the patterns of play suggested Garde had asked his players to play in a way unsuitable for the opposition, you could argue he had set them up in a way which was unsuitable. Bad Garde.

He hadn't. We had as many good chances as Norwich, if not more. A lapse in concentration is difficult to blame on the manager.

The defence was organised before Richards decided to take upon himself to leave his CB position and overlap Bacuna, to try to press the ball when it wasn't necessary. The two exchange positions for that move, low and behold the ball ends up where Bacuna should be, but isn't because Richards has confused everyone by moving out of position.

Bacuna is in the middle and Richards is trying to be in the middle too.

Garde clearly instructed Richards to do that?

Dont get me wrong, Garde isn't without blame, but I don't see how his instruction has directly led to the bizarre decision by Richards that left the defence disorganised.

• Like 2

Guzan

Hutton         Richards            Clark            Bacuna

Gana          Westwood

Traore                      Veretout                      Grealish

Ayew

Then final 30mins put on gil or gestede for veretout or gana depending on who is more tired. We need to score atleast 3 since the schoolboys at the back will conceed again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Get a grip guys, aside from another defensive flap, we are comfortably at the races and should have scored from Ayews header.

I wager an early second half shit-or-bust roll of the dice by Remi.

we don't seem to have goals in us and this situation where we are fighting an upwards battle after going behind in the first is so bloody reminiscent of our last two games. draw at best judging by historical data ^^.

Veretout piss poor free kick, compounded by weak Clark header, squashed a promising start. The players look like they are beaten, poor passes in the final third, and players all over the place.

The shoot would have been much easier to save if it hadn't been right next to him on the ground, hardest shot for a keep to get down to. If it had been sightly  wider, I believe he would of a saved it.

5 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I'd replace every single one of them too.

But surely the manager must take some of the blame for picking them. And organisation comes from the manager. And if they aren't doing what they are told to - pick the kids to give them experience for next season.

I don't know mate, Clark, Bacuna, Richards and Hutton haven't got a single brain cell between them, I don't think anyone could make them look like anything close to a competent back 4.

As for putting the kids in, I'll hold my hands up and say I know next to nothing about our youth set up, and I imagine I'm one of many. So could you imagine how the fans base would respond to throwing a loads kids into the middle of a relegation battle?

I'm not 100% sold on Garde yet myself, but I honestly can't blame him for this defence, I really can't.