Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Stoke were not bottom of the league on 8 points. 

Our team chemistry didn't look bad with Grealish last season. 

Are you suggesting one of the three play or all three of them? I'm talking specifically about all of them playing.

It's a surprise that line up, but I think he's trying to pack the midfield and keep the ball. That's perfectly sensible IMHO, the time to get more attacking players on will be if it's still 0-0 with 20 mins to play and their crowd is frustrated and they've not been seeing much of the ball to get any rhythm going.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

If Sherwood had picked that team, i can only imagine the stick he would be getting on here.

Remi is getting some stick on here already for that line-up

Forget about Sherwood and his cockney swagger. He's history.

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

It's a surprise that line up, but I think he's trying to pack the midfield and keep the ball. That's perfectly sensible IMHO, the time to get more attacking players on will be if it's still 0-0 with 20 mins to play and their crowd is frustrated and they've not been seeing much of the ball to get any rhythm going.

Remember the spuds game i see this happening today against norwich that team is toilet no two ways about it pathetic selection whats he gunna do if we concede early.

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Maybe for once we should be more concerned with putting the opposition on the back foot. Push their full backs back and make their wingers defend.

The time for f**king about and playing for draws has passed. We have to win this game. We have to start on the front foot and get at the opposition.

Couldn't agree more. We're always worried about what the opposition will do. Why don't we use the attacking players we have to worry them?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Are you suggesting one of the three play or all three of them? I'm talking specifically about all of them playing.

I'd like to just see one play rather than what we've done. And to be honest in must win games like today, I'd like to gamble with 2.

We've picked defensive wingers. 

Just now, villan501 said:

Remember the spuds game i see this happening today against norwich that team is toilet no two ways about it pathetic selection whats he gunna do if we concede early.

Yep, if we concede early it'll mean trying to survive till half time and then change it. Trying to legislate for conceding early though as a manager would be more counter productive though surely? Just throwing your hands up and saying we'll never keep a clean sheet so we'll have to try and score 3 would be suicide.

Quite glad he has freshened things up. 

To be Honest Veretout must be a quick recoverer as he looked knackered after the first 10 minutes at the weekend, I think if Sanchez hadnt got injured he would have been rested too.

We have to remember that Norwich also played at the weekend, maybe the fresh legs can be the difference.