Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

The worry is any small momentum we have from the two draws will be lost if we get beaten today. 

One of the only positives I can see is if somehow the game is close going into the latter stages then we have some attacking players to bring on to change the game (theoretically!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Grow up? haha. I'm not the one throwing my toys out the pram because of a starting line up.

You mean posting on a website? You may have an image in your head of people behind their computer screens but that's just for you. Reality is fans sharing their opinion on a fan forum. 

I can see both sides of it. Sinclair and Bacuna might not be as attacking as Gil, Grealish or Adama but they will actually work hard for the team.

You start with those three in the attacking positions and there wingers will have a field day running at our full backs.

• Like 2

My prediction

Sinclair to be his usual invisible self 

Ayew to be isolated up front on his own

Richardson to get destroyed as usual

Clark to get shat on by any attacking player with an ounce of physicality

Can't see anything but an easy Norwich win based on that lineup

• Like 1

It's obvious that the reason for Lescott and Okore being out is that they can't handle two games in three days. But why the hell does Sinclair get ahead of Gil and Grealish? All will be forgiven if we win, in fact then Garde is a genius.

I would suggest it's because Garde wants his work rate, pace and willingness to track back.

I would be surprised if we didn't see either Gil, Grealish or Traore today.

Let's wait and see shall we?

It's easy to criticise before hand without an insight into form, fitness and attitude.

I still give us a good chance of winning this game.

I was expecting changes to be fair. However that team is much of the same old lot that has failed time and again this season. If we win this then Garde must be working miracles I must say (here's hoping).

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

My prediction

Sinclair to be his usual invisible self 

Ayew to be isolated up front on his own

Richardson to get destroyed as usual

Clark to get shat on by any attacking player with an ounce of physicality

Can't see anything but an easy Norwich win based on that lineup

I dont think Richardson is at full back

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I can see both sides of it. Sinclair and Bacuna might not be as attacking as Gil, Grealish or Adama but they will actually work hard for the team.

You start with those three in the attacking positions and there wingers will have a field day running at our full backs.

Last year we played with Grealish and Nzogbia and were able to not be overrun every game. About time we thought about what our attacking players can do going forward instead of what they offer in defence. 

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The worry is any small momentum we have from the two draws will be lost if we get beaten today. 

One of the only positives I can see is if somehow the game is close going into the latter stages then we have some attacking players to bring on to change the game (theoretically!)

sadly the subs have been shit in recent weeks that I dont see it happening. but i hope your right :)

Shame Okore can't play. Settling in well and hasn't made any major errors recently - no reason for him to be dropped. Injured or just tired?
Really hope Sinclair turns up today, haven't seen him do anything of note for ages. Sometimes I forget he's even on the pitch. He's brilliant when he actually plays.