Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of us can't count, because I make eleven names there? I'm slightly concerned it's me and I'm going insane. 

Rest easy HV, it's me, I guess I thought Pugh and Pugh as the two DM's were one like Djemba Djemba ;-)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, avfctom89 said:

How Sinclair is in front of grealish adama or even gil in the pecking order, is baffling.

Maybe he shows something in practice that the others aren't. I would like to see Adama give a start, but Gil and Grealish haven't shown they can preform better than Sinclair. I would stick money on Sinclair scoring rather than those two.

Just now, villianusa said:

Maybe he shows something in practice that the others aren't. I would like to see Adama give a start, but Gil and Grealish haven't shown they can preform better than Sinclair. I would stick money on Sinclair scoring rather than those two.

Hopefully he proves me wrong, also isn't he our top scorer so far .

19 minutes ago, KHV said:

-----------------------guzan------------------

Hutton---richards---clark----bacuna

Sinclair---gana---westy---richardson

----------------------veretout-------------------

-----------------------Ayew----------------------

No, it will more probably be a diamond with Richardson LB and Bacuna in MF, Ayew and Sinclair up front.

1 minute ago, avfctom89 said:

Hopefully he proves me wrong, also isn't he our top scorer so far .

He could well be if we are talking friendlies to. I hope he plays centrally, and not out on the wing, he's hasn't been so much use there.

I'm hoping we go with: 

• Like 1

Well Ill have a guess Bacuna is there to shore up the right side after Hutton has been exposed a fair bit recently.

Therefore he has to use Richardson.  He is not that strong so he needs back up too, and Sinclair is better for that than Gil (who hasnt shown much anyway), Adama (who shouldnt be starting a game anyway), or Grealish (whose current form and state of mind we know nothing about).

Id guess Okore - recently back from injury and Lescott - old - are enforced changes. highly unlikely any Manager would deliberately change a partnership which has been ok.

And Ayew makes sense up front (Gestede  could well be injured after the fall he took towards the end the other day) and Vertout has looked very good going forward.

Im not sure I see too much wrong with any of that (if that is the reasoning ) It will be down to how well Sinclair and Bacuna combine both roles up and down.

With Adama to get 30-40 minutes second half if all is well.

We shall see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

If this is what Garde does with two games in three days, imagine how funny it's going to be when we've got three games in a week regularly in the Championship :D

Don't write us off yet, we're not down yet, far from it in fact

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don't write us off yet, we're not down yet, far from it in fact

As I said earlier in the thread - I admire anyone who thinks we can win a game despite the performances this season, and very much despite today's team. Good on you.