The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Gabby hated Houllier too because they both made him run and try to get fit. He also took umbrage to Houllier for suggesting that he put on too much weight (muscle, not fat at the time). Turns out he was right, and Gabby was never the same again, and his fitness descended to the point where he retired at what was it, 31? 

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

When Sherwood decided that training should be fun, all boys aren't we, lets have a laugh an a game of snooker - Gabby loved it - put on a stone and had the time of his life.

Garde wanted him to run about and lose some weight - of course Gabby hated him.

I bumped into a few of the foreign players in the summer after we went down - it was basically one rule for one set of players and another for the ‘local’ lads. I was working in four oaks at the time.

You can probably guess which two local thugs these players were referring to I won’t mention any names but it was Gabby n Lescott. 

They were also all seething about Jack being disciplined even though the two ring leaders (Gabby n Lescott) were basically free to do whatever they wanted.

They even said Jack was easily our best player so the team should have been built around him and that he was young and impressionable so should have had an arm round him to stay away from the BS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We made a series of appointments that completely failed to even complement each other.

Paul Lambert's years of bullying and enmity, followed by the Tim Sherwood party hour, where the players managed themselves and he cheered from the sidelines, to the lurch back to Stalag Garde and a disciplinarian in a nursery and then onto Roberto Di Matteo's agents finest hour.

It's a miracle we survived.

Going off topic but it started even before that going from Houllier to Mcleish, which never made sense. A Garde type appointment after Houllier could have.

• Like 1

Roy Keane said there was a large number of bad eggs at the club. He said most teams have the odd one, but we were full of them. 

Collymore might not be to everyones tastes, but he's bang on here

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Gabby can **** off to be honest. He was an absolutely toxic personality at the club at that time and his opinion means nothing anymore 

There was a interview on talkshite i was looking for it and it doesnt seem to be on youtube anymore unfortunately. 

Basically the lines were garde use to take training and gabby noticed that when they were doing drills garde would nod his head alot during plays. Gabby said he would then not say anything. Gabbys issue was if we werent doing things right why not tell us so we can do it better.

Had a feeling garde knew they were shit and hopeless so felt it was practically a lost cause. When you have fools like lescott at the club what you expect i guess

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

There was a interview on talkshite i was looking for it and it doesnt seem to be on youtube anymore unfortunately. 

Basically the lines were garde use to take training and gabby noticed that when they were doing drills garde would nod his head alot during plays. Gabby said he would then not say anything. Gabbys issue was if we werent doing things right why not tell us so we can do it better.

Had a feeling garde knew they were shit and hopeless so felt it was practically a lost cause. When you have fools like lescott at the club what you expect i guess

If Gabby says it was shit then it was probably good. 
He was probably angry he was being made to run around and do tactics and stuff. 

• Like 4

I've said it before. I remember sitting in that trinity and watching him waddle out when he retired (he was on the payroll at this point as a squad member) he waddled out in that under armour tracksuit and the whole stadium stood and applauded. We were in the championship at this point.

I think even at the time there was a bit of a feel good factor and I begrudgingly accepted it in my own head.

Then the club put out videos on the official socials about his time here and interviews

He should be erased from Villa history in hindsight and should have been booted out the back door.

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s the exact kind of player people think of as a villa legend because he was too shit to move anywhere else. Yet players who are actually good get slated because they dared to leave Villa. 

Gabby had some good years but he was a drain on this club for a lot longer. **** him, the fat word removed

The Gabby/Hutton being legends era was not a good time for the club 

• Like 1

Gabby was xenophobic towards Remi, would rather party and do his laughing gas rather than play for "my club". He was a toxic influence on our young players, especially Grealish. Judging by some of the stuff he says still, I don't think he takes any blame for the relegation.

On 24/02/2023 at 18:24, Xela said:

Roy Keane said there was a large number of bad eggs at the club. He said most teams have the odd one, but we were full of them. 

Collymore might not be to everyones tastes, but he's bang on here

Fair play Collymore to admit being crap during his time with us this coming from a man who has massive off the field and mental health issues and he could have rightly mentioned that but chose not to. And yet Gabby , Lesscot and Micah Richards have never admitted to being poor during their careers with us just constant excuses like the fans making it hard or the manager’s fault.

9 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I said it when MON was in charge and I think it was spot on..... He's a player who relied heavily on pace, take that away from him and he's league one at best.

That's where I do have some sympathy for him though

When he started piling the muscle on and then the fat on how did no one at the club get a hold of him and control it? For every bit as unprofessional as he was how unprofessional were we as a club to allow it to happen? Same with the drinking of dunne and Collins, same with the weight gain of Richards 

The players were matched every bit by the staff

And gabby, along with the rest of the club, was long gone before garde got anywhere near here, he was a patsy nothing more

• Like 1

Â