The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I haven't seen anything. I'd imagine silence is part of the pay-off.

Did MON ever fully explain why he left like he did?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I haven't seen anything. I'd imagine silence is part of the pay-off.

Did MON ever fully explain why he left like he did?

I remember after he was booed and jeered by the Villa crowd at the Sunderland game a few years back, he was asked about the reaction and he said something along the line of "I understand the response, but the fans don't know the full story" (words to that affect).

Pretty sure that's the only thing I've heard him say about the nature his departure.

I feel sorry for Remi

1) Club probably lied to him to take the job

2) Hung him out to dry

3) Certain players let him down

4) Gets compensated but probably has to keep tight-lipped about all that what happened.

RG was probably the only one who had any kind of normal perspective about how the club was run and the inner workings. He was more than likely shaking his head in disbelief on an hourly basis.

We will never know IF he could have done us proud in the long run.

I wish him all the best for his future

P.S. Would love to hear what MoN & RG think about RL & AVFC

• 1 year later...

Still an enigma for me.

He didn't do well here but his hands were tied by the dreadful ownership at the time.

I mean, he might still be a dreadful manager, but a big part of me thinks he can't be judged by his time at this shambles of a club, especially coming in and having to take over from arguably the worst manager we've ever had. 

I wish him the best. I feel like this appointment is beneath him, but who knows!

• Like 4

I didn't mind him. Think he got his tactics all wrong though trying to play a possession game with a big lump up front who couldn't trap a bag of cement, then again no idea what tactic would have worked with that team.

Would have been interesting to see how he'd have got our current bunch of players playing.

41 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I thought he was woeful truly woeful.

He was.

But like I said above I think we could have employed Ancelotti or Mourinho and they would have probably been woeful.

He MIGHT be a terrible manager. I just don't think we can conclude that from his time here.

• Like 1

Â