The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I've said my piece over and over, that it's too early to judge and there are good and bad signs. We all know the players aren't great, but equally I think most would agree they are not, individually, significantly worse on the whole than any of the bottom 6-8 sides.

But I have to say, a big plus for me was how he appeared to have recently instilled genuine fight, or found the few players with it.

And just as it was a big plus, it HAS to be considered a big negative for him that that same fight was non existent today.

I would say the ability to get your players to give their all, at all times, is a key one. It certainly will be in the Championship. 

It's still a let's see. Can he get them back to the fighting/ committed level, or not.

FWIW I have some doubts, not least because I can't help thinking the way we started this game was influenced significantly by him, and was a mistake.

24 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Attack them? Agbonlahor and Gil? How would that work?

we got 2 on them with Gestede and Sinclair up top and Norwich put 4 past them playing Mbokani up front. Better to lose by at least having a go instead of losing with a whimper

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we got 2 on them with Gestede and Sinclair up top and Norwich put 4 past them playing Mbokani up front. Better to lose by at least having a go instead of losing with a whimper

How can we have a go with a player that isn't fit? We're scrapping the barrel for a forward.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gestede wasnt fit and Sinclair is bang out of form at the moment. Ayew's brain snap has really cost us dear.

Unfortunately.. we were not backed by the board/owner and this is what it has come down to. If we had signed Doumbia and a few others.. maybe we would have been more competitive and closed the gap. Gutless wonders they are. 

Remi was the wrong man in the first place.. we should have brought in Big Sam as he has experienced and would have galvanised the squad better... Remi will be a good manager.. but when hes not backed.. he isnt the type of manager to get us firing in the short term. 

This whole club is a shimozzle. Fans deserve better. 

Edited by KSV

But then we might as well have stuck with Sherwood if we accept the squad is the worst in the league and it doesn't matter what the results are.

I don't disagree with your views on our team and there's no easy answer to how he earns it because we are terrible. But there has to be some level of expectation or we might as well just have any likeable guy as the manager for the next few years. 

At some point results are going to matter again. So the sooner he starts work the better.

What is the level of expectation? What are you looking for?

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

for me he made a balls of it today, Liverpool were there for the taking if we had of attacked them. Their keeper and defence are wobbly yet Mignolet had nothing to do all day and Sakho and Toure looked like Maldini at the back. The defensive organisation in our team was even more shambolic

any good will he has earned in last few weeks has gone after an embarrassment like that

Sorry mate they were not for the taking. They played well, we were terrible. Our squad is shite these losers would never beat Liverpool. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

At some point results are going to matter again. So the sooner he starts work the better.

What is the level of expectation? What are you looking for?

Something to show me he's going to be the right man next season. He was starting to show that and I was starting to have faith and if yesterday was just a blip then I'll continue to have faith. For me judgement comes in the summer when we can look at everything he's done. But I don't think it matters what anyone thinks, the club will stick with him if he's happy to stay. 

• Like 1

After yesterdays shameful and quite frankly disgusting performance I think he will definitely resign in the summer and I dont blame him. i would not want to manage these bunch of LOSERS. I hope a majority of these players careers are ruined after they leave us

Just now, Demitri_C said:

After yesterdays shameful and quite frankly disgusting performance I think he will definitely resign in the summer and I dont blame him. i would not want to manage these bunch of LOSERS. I hope a majority of these players careers are ruined after they leave us

I agree Garde will sadly walk - however, I think we could be stuck with a lot of the 'losers' until their contracts expire and whilst their careers may be in tatters, they'll still find other highly paid work and have the comfort of an Aston Villa funded bank balance to fall back on.

The only losers (in many senses of the word) in this sorry mess are the fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I agree Garde will sadly walk - however, I think we could be stuck with a lot of the 'losers' until their contracts expire and whilst their careers may be in tatters, they'll still find other highly paid work and have the comfort of an Aston Villa funded bank balance to fall back on.

The only losers (in many senses of the word) in this sorry mess are the fans.

Well thankfully (the only good thing Fox has done) is insert relegation wage reductions so a majority of these losers will get their wages docked as they should. For me I would fine the players a weeks wages for that pathetic performance and the money raised given back to the 36000 villa fans that witnessed that crap

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

But then we might as well have stuck with Sherwood if we accept the squad is the worst in the league and it doesn't matter what the results are.

I don't disagree with your views on our team and there's no easy answer to how he earns it because we are terrible. But there has to be some level of expectation or we might as well just have any likeable guy as the manager for the next few years. 

Whilst Garde hasn't done what we all wanted he has still been a massive upgrade on Sherwood. I honestly think if he was still here we wouldn't have won a game. Realistically we're down with both of them but it's about preparing for the next challenge, something which I think Garde is capable of taking on whilst Sherwood wasn't.

Unfortunately we will never know what could have been this half of the season and we might not even see how he takes on the next challenge because he has been hung out to dry by those scumbags.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well thankfully (the only good thing Fox has done) is insert relegation wage reductions so a majority of these losers will get their wages docked as they should. For me I would fine the players a weeks wages for that pathetic performance and the money raised given back to the 36000 villa fans that witnessed that crap

I'd take their relegation reduced wages though each week, wouldn't you?

I agree with your sentiment though, yesterday was a new low for the club and the players should acknowledge their part in it but sorry seems to be the hardest thing to say (unless it's in the form of a tweeted picture of a flash mercedes!)

10 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Whilst Garde hasn't done what we all wanted he has still been a massive upgrade on Sherwood.

For me the jury is very much out on this point.

Â