The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

For me the jury is very much out on this point.

Same here.

We have looked more organised at times but then at other times we have looked utterly pathetic. In his 2 wins we have been hugely fortunate that the winning goals were a deflection and a goalkeeping howler.

30 minutes ago, KHV said:

For me the jury is very much out on this point.

I think Garde is a much better manager, but he has only made very marginal improvements here. The question I ask myself is whether Sherwood would have done any worse in terms of points total if he'd have stayed until now and I really am not sure that he would have done any worse.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think Garde is a much better manager, but he has only made very marginal improvements here. The question I ask myself is whether Sherwood would have done any worse in terms of points total if he'd have stayed until now and I really am not sure that he would have done any worse.

I think I agree with that too. Potentially Garde is getting more out of the Frnech speaking players for obvious reasons but the results don't really back that up.

I genuinely didn't think he knew what to do yesterday. No changes at half time showed that. I'm not necessarily blaming him, someone sat behind me said we need changes, I had to turn around and say who would be brought on?

Exactly you look at the bench and his hands were tied. He's been hung out to dry big time by the club and I doubt he's too happy about it. I hope he sticks around to rebuild the team in his own image but I wouldn't blame him for walking. It's a desperate environment at the moment

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Unless we know the warts and all at BMH it's very difficult to make an honest assessment of the war zone.

We don't fully know the conditions these managers are working under, because ever bit of information is suppressed.

We can only speculate on them.

.......and do we REALLY know the extent of the damage they are dealing with.

until Remi has an opportunity to get in his own players, I can't comment, good or bad.

Ps I have always subscribed to the view a manager is only as good as his players....and that goes for all of them.

It was like this ,way before Remi Garde arrived and it was like this way before Sherwood arrived.......it's been like this for years.

The only blip for the good was Benteke, he papered over the cracks.

• Like 2

Having had a good few hours to digest yesterday performance I think something was amiss from the start. You’d think we’d have come out really fired up given the importance of the game, the fact in the league we had picked up and the huge incentive to close within 5 points of safety. The opposite happened though and we sat way too deep, didn't get in the Liverpool players faces and allowed them way too much space. Our attacking intent was pretty much non-existent. Gana and Westwood were sat deep, Veretout hardly crossed the half way line, and Gabby was completely isolated and actually did well to win the ball in the air on a number of occasions to find no one in support running off him. What was the game plan exactly? Liverpool are known to be weak defensively but give them time to play they will punish you so we played right into their hands.

Last week I praised Garde for lifting the players post West Ham and said that the players all gave their all and when that happens it comes from the manager. Aside from Gana yesterday I’d struggle to name another player who got close to putting a shift in and a lack of effort and desire from pretty much the whole side doesn't reflect well on the manager for me. Lescott commented after the game that the players had shown a lack of commitment. I can always accept a lack of ability or a poor performance but when that is partly down to a lack of effort that is unforgivable.

I genuinely fear another handful of heavy defeats between now and the end of the season and would be surprised now if we get up to any more than 24 points. How all that would impact on whether Garde continues into next season I don’t know but I have a strong suspicion given what has gone during his time here already and what I suspect is likely to come in the remaining games that he will be long gone by the time we kick off next season in the Championship.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Having had a good few hours to digest yesterday performance I think something was amiss from the start. You’d think we’d have come out really fired up given the importance of the game, the fact in the league we had picked up and the huge incentive to close within 5 points of safety. The opposite happened though and we sat way too deep, didn't get in the Liverpool players faces and allowed them way too much space. Our attacking intent was pretty much non-existent. Gana and Westwood were sat deep, Veretout hardly crossed the half way line, and Gabby was completely isolated and actually did well to win the ball in the air on a number of occasions to find no one in support running off him. What was the game plan exactly? Liverpool are known to be weak defensively but give them time to play they will punish you so we played right into their hands.

Last week I praised Garde for lifting the players post West Ham and said that the players all gave their all and when that happens it comes from the manager. Aside from Gana yesterday I’d struggle to name another player who got close to putting a shift in and a lack of effort and desire from pretty much the whole side doesn't reflect well on the manager for me. Lescott commented after the game that the players had shown a lack of commitment. I can always accept a lack of ability or a poor performance but when that is partly down to a lack of effort that is unforgivable.

I genuinely fear another handful of heavy defeats between now and the end of the season and would be surprised now if we get up to any more than 24 points. How all that would impact on whether Garde continues into next season I don’t know but I have a strong suspicion given what has gone during his time here already and what I suspect is likely to come in the remaining games that he will be long gone by the time we kick off next season in the Championship.

I concur, I also felt this game re minded me of Wembley.

standing off always makes the opposition look good.....it's fine for them to say, we were playing against a good side.

They are all good if we let them be.

• Like 1

I really dislike this guy but I think if Remi leaves we need to get Pearson in. My main person I would go for is Rowett but he wont come now. But I think Pearson is the kind of manager who wont take crap like this and isnt afraid to blast losers if they are not performing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I really dislike this guy but I think if Remi leaves we need to get Pearson in. My main person I would go for is Rowett but he wont come now. But I think Pearson is the kind of manager who wont take crap like this and isnt afraid to blast losers if they are not performing. 

Fox would be too scared to employ him.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fox would be too scared to employ him.

Yep i think you have  a point there, but thats where the fans come in and apply pressure on him. they cant keep ignoring the fans as eventually there wont be any fans left and there wont be any money to pay Mr C0cks wages

Â