The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I have no reason to doubt Garde's ability to make an impact on our club.....but the degree of that impact will be governed by time and his application.

much is written about the remaining games and all the maths/permutations  that go with it......will we won't we stay up?

The only target we have right now is 3 points, simple as......lets not complicate things.....Keep it simple.

• Like 2

Really excited about Sunday, think I'm just brimming off others confidences as I really don't know what to expect myself.

I just want to see us full of fight, and the players look like they've been given something cohesive to work with for Sunday...win or lose, as long as we go down trying I'll be much happier.

I'm with Neil on this one. I want to see some intensity and running with purpose, not the aimless, panicky crap we saw against Spurs. If there's the remotest sign of organisation in the setup then that'll be a big improvement on the last 10 or so games. 

• Like 2

Really excited about Sunday, think I'm just brimming off others confidences as I really don't know what to expect myself.

I just want to see us full of fight, and the players look like they've been given something cohesive to work with for Sunday...win or lose, as long as we go down trying I'll be much happier.

At the end of the day its another bloke picking 11 players from 25. - He's been training them only since Tuesday - Im really not expecting much on Sunday.

• Like 1

At the end of the day its another bloke picking 11 players from 25. - He's been training them only since Tuesday - Im really not expecting much on Sunday.

Just look at what has been wring wwith the team, playing with no confidence and seemingly devoid of any planning - showing a lack of faith in the managers plans.

Words alone could haxe a profound impact..

Just look at what has been wring wwith the team, playing with no confidence and seemingly devoid of any planning - showing a lack of faith in the managers plans.

I disagree. He has to choose 11 players from 25 - everyone on here would pick a different 11. But picking player xxx won't suddenly cure all our ills. Likewise the confidence thing, you can't actually GIVE a player confidence. That comes from winning games, and playing well in those games.

The most obvious thing to me is organisation and some sort of system of play. 

But lets be honest - I don't we have a squad of worldbeaters, just waiting for some new messiah to lead us to the promised land.....I really don't think it is that easy.

I disagree. He has to choose 11 players from 25 - everyone on here would pick a different 11. But picking player xxx won't suddenly cure all our ills. Likewise the confidence thing, you can't actually GIVE a player confidence. That comes from winning games, and playing well in those games.

But lets be honest - I don't we have a squad of worldbeaters, just waiting for some new messiah to lead us to the promised land.....I really don't think it is that easy.

No one here has said we have a squad of worldbeaters but we also don't have a squad of deadbeats, we have many talented players in that squad who are being mismanaged and underperforming.

• Like 2

It's not easy but he needn't be a 'messiah' either. Just a competent coach with a set system and capable of working out our best XI. Something his predecessor didn't come close to doing, thus why we are bottom.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

I just hope we don't get battered by Man City, that scenario is quite likely though and the game could be over in the first 15 mins especially if they play like they did in Sevilla.

I agree with that Hippo. He may be able to give a little boost in confidence to an individual player, but our confidence appears to be so fragile at the moment that the first mistake and that boost will be gone. Hopefully we can get a win or even a point this weekend just to stop the rut we are in. The confidence will start to come once the players can see an improvement in fortunes and gain a belief that the managers ideas and systems are working for them and the team, and hopefully that improvement will build week on week. That will take more than a few days working together in training though.

One thing for certain, the fans need to do their bit to help now by being right behind the team, try not to slate the players when they make a mistake. I know it is gallows humour, but some of the songs sung cannot be helping the teams confidence.

We've some interesting fixtures coming up. We have Man City first, all I want from this is to see some kind of improvement and organisation. Everton away would be a game i'd like to see more improvement, is a point possible? The first major game for Garde is against Watford at home, a must win. Then we have Southampton away, Arsenal at home, Newcastle away and West Ham at home, before we end the year at Norwich away.

9 points minimum needed from those I think... 

January is a month we need to be looking at maximum points, if that happens we'll be on 25 points for the run in.

You dont "give players confidence" but you give tthem confidence in you.

He's a manager, and its his job to get buy in to his management which breeds confidence in itself.

A blunt comparison is a project manager and successfully delivering a project.  If his workers have no belief in what he's trying to achieve and the manager isn't utilising his workers to their best strengths it will fail.

If reme can make his players believe in him, with a stronger plan on the pitch and utilising players properly then that will be reflected in the attitude of the players - even as soon as this weekend.

The attitude of the players has been so poor under Sherwood.

Â