The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I have to disagree with you on this, it is the worst. Even when we went down to the old third division the players had more fight about them than this lot and we did get to a league cup final as a third division club. So no I can't think of a worse Villa team ever.

In terms of fight Paul, you may have a point......but I have seen some pretty dire efforts under Tommy Cummings and Billy McNeil

Spoiler  

I am very concerned about remis comments where he has seen a lack of effort from certain players in training this week.

These players should be named and shamed in my opinion

It doesn't take a genius to piece it together from various comments in the media...

Lescott for his "mistake"

Gabby for his "vertigo"

Leo for his "private meeting"

Nzog "I expected more"

I'm sure there are others I'm missing

Interesting Interview.

Its clear to me, there are area's of the playing staff he his less than happy with.

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

He will have his time and He will deal with these people of that I am sure.

This manager is not happy in the slightest.

It is a bigger mess than he first thought, but my suspicion is...If he gets the necessary encouragement/support from above....He will stay and sort this out.

• Like 1

He'd have to certifiable to hang around for a second after the final whistle at Arsenal.

I sincerely hope he does, and I'd have an immeasurable amount of respect for him if he did, but he's been given a fools errand here.

• Like 3

I am sure Garde won't be the first manager who has had to pick players who he didn't want to but didn't have any alternatives.

Many fans wanted Pulis 12+ months ago because he was a strong manager who wouldn't stand for any crap.......I think Beriniho has proven that one wrong.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He'd have to certifiable to hang around for a second after the final whistle at Arsenal.

I sincerely hope he does, and I'd have an immeasurable amount of respect for him if he did, but he's been given a fools errand here.

Actually, as I said above I hope he stays.  But I kind of suspect that if he does my appreciation for his integrity might actually drop a bit.  Of course it depends on a thousand things between now and then and comments made in public.  And evidence of commitment from the board in the actions forward.  So, I'll stay hopeful for now.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am very concerned about remis comments where he has seen a lack of effort from certain players in training this week.

These players should be named and shamed in my opinion

Edit: Naming and shaming is a massive no no really as then you'd get the PFA in on the players case for professional slander etc.

Can only imagine we'll see it reflected in the team selection on Saturday, Lyden is certain to start I reckon.

Edited by VillaChris

Full respect to this man, again acted like a gentleman. I'm also glad he knows the protest will not be about him, but the last 10 years of decline. I was a little worried he would think he was a main cause for the protest, an personally I wouldn't want that.

On 18 February 2016 at 20:48, AntrimBlack said:
21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Full respect to this man, again acted like a gentleman. I'm also glad he knows the protest will not be about him, but the last 10 years of decline. I was a little worried he would think he was a main cause for the protest, an personally I wouldn't want that.

The main reason I want him to stay is he will sort out the bad apples and the attitude of the players  getting rid of him will give the likes of Gabby another chance which is what always happens. We change the manager and hope he can polish a turd

ive no idea why AB is getting quoted!!! 

Edited by dn1982

2 hours ago, TRO said:

In terms of fight Paul, you may have a point......but I have seen some pretty dire efforts under Tommy Cummings and Billy McNeil

Cummings I can't comment on but under Mcneil I don't think we were quite as bad as this were we?

Garde is the only positive thing at AVFC right now and dont forget whatever he is doing, he is doing it with someone else`s team and with no support from anywhere this includes the players the board and the owner.

Â