The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Worth noting, that by observed popular opinion, one of our best players from the early parts of the season has gone to complete shit under the new manager.  Not necessary my opinion, just based on what I've read in the Richards thread.

Feel sorry for him, he has inherited a pretty crap squad. His substitutions can be a bit frustrating tho. I think he will be here next season ( unless he walks ) so i would let him do what he wants. Ship out anyone now that don't want to play in the Championship next season. Build a team now that can challenge and come back up. But remember we have Randy Lerner as owner and i doubt there will be funds for Remi.

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Feel sorry for him, he has inherited a pretty crap squad. His substitutions can be a bit frustrating tho. I think he will be here next season ( unless he walks ) so i would let him do what he wants. Ship out anyone now that don't want to play in the Championship next season. Build a team now that can challenge and come back up. But remember we have Randy Lerner as owner and i doubt there will be funds for Remi.

To be fair about substitutions, Gil will be needed in the next two games and had done a lot of running - Sinclair was subbed immediately after not putting Bacuna through (and instead took a crap left footed shot that didn't do anything).

• Like 1

I feel for him because had Westwood not made an unnecessary, stupid challenge in the box we'd be coming away with a win. This is another game that we've thrown away ourselves from stupid individual errors.

I can't recall them having too many chances, but the player had his back to goal and Westwood barges into him. Sinclair should've wrapped it up by playing in Bacuna in the second half.  Nothing Garde can do about either of those mistakes, but we had enough to win it.

For those saying it's only Wycombe, we're a team on it's knees. Fragile and jittery, they must feel like they're jinxed. As @YLN said, Wycombe at least know what it's like to win recently, plus they'll be pumped up to take a PL scalp in their back yard. Their players will be full of beans and our will have their fingers crossed they avoid defeat.

As for the team selection, I think Garde has used this game to assess his attacking needs, seeing if either Sinclair or Gestede can show some signs of being effective against lower opposition. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make moves in the market to replace them both (and Westwood), but attracting such players is another matter,

Unfortunately for Garde, it was another opportunity to take a confidence-boosting win that he's failed at, but I can't help thinking that he's been failed by the players he picked. They should be good enough have won today, but they stuffed it up.

38 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Having faith in him getting us promoted and keeping us in the league, based on 3 years in Lyon is starting to look pointless. He's showing nothing here to suggest much. 

My gut instinct tells me this, but we're between rock and hard place - our only option is to support him till end of season and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Some nasty videos on Twitter of fans reactions when players are getting on coach, Sad to hear it, and even more sad at the smirks on some of the Villa players faces.

link please?

3 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I'm sure giving players personal abuse is really going to help the cause. This sort of thing just brings us down to the level of our unwashed neighbours.

Yep, I can understand why they are doing it mind

I understand it but the language used just shows him up for the Neanderthal that he is.

As for Remi, if I was him I'd just walk and save my own skin, I wouldn't want to be linked to this poisonous club anymore.

Â