The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He was relegating us, again, before he sold to Lerner. He was a penny-pinching egomaniac, who put himself before the club. I want Lerner out as much as anyone else, but let's not rewrite history.

Certainly wasn't, we had some dodgy seasons but never a catastrophic run. It was frustration not pain.
MON wouldn't work with him but Doug knew MON was the right fit. He's the last good appointment we made.

Doug was a penny pinching sod but he ran the football side of the club well, he just let his personality rule too many long term decisions.

My comment was one of desperation but if there's nothing to learn from the Ellis/Lerner transition we really should just cut out losses in the lower leagues.

54 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

The man is no fool and doesn't strike me as a man to suffer fools either. Imo he seems like he would sooner get rid of anyone not pulling there weight. He will do things his way wether the fans or players like it or not. That's what I think we need and that's why I think he will do well long term. 

Like persisting with Gestede as the only option, even though he isn't.

Fine line between a genius who is always right and a stubborn fool...

People that keep saying that they would quit if they were him are failing to understanding managers do not quit anymore due to the amount of compensation they are due if fired. It's another part of the modern game that sickens me. There was a time a manager would hold up his hands and accept the job is beyond him or he is unable to work with the current owners. Those days are over. Lambert and Mcliesh are classic examples of that. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People that keep saying that they would quit if they were him are failing to understanding managers do not quit anymore due to the amount of compensation they are due if fired. It's another part of the modern game that sickens me. There was a time a manager would hold up his hands and accept the job is beyond him or he is unable to work with the current owners. Those days are over. Lambert and Mcliesh are classic examples of that. 

The thing with lambert and Mcleish is they did what was asked if them by Lerner, keep us in the league

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Like persisting with Gestede as the only option, even though he isn't.

Fine line between a genius who is always right and a stubborn fool...

I've already answered this thought from another poster fella. I think he's looking for a new striker and clearly doesn't rate kozak. 

1 minute ago, Barney_avfc said:

I've already answered this thought from another poster fella. I think he's looking for a new striker and clearly doesn't rate kozak. 

Yet one stands as a spare goal post, the other has scored goals when he's played in the under 21s.  Both are probably shite, but the goal post has done nothing to keep the other out of the team.

I'm leaning towards the stubborn fool myself.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

O'Neill managed to quit and still get the money off us.  I'm surprised more people haven't tried it tbh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The thing with lambert and Mcleish is they did what was asked if them by Lerner, keep us in the league

Yes they did but the point was they would never have walked no matter how dire the situation got. Why would a manager walk and lose out on millions when can just hang around, get sacked, set for life...

4 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

How bad does Kozak have to be to not get picked ahead of probably one of the worst strikers I have seen in my 40 odd years as a Villa fan.?

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

O'Neill managed to quit and still get the money off us.  I'm surprised more people haven't tried it tbh.

True, but O'Neill had the reasoning that he was resigning over a point of principle. I can't think of an example of a manager quitting because he realised he was bad at the job.

Hard to cut him any slack while he plays Gestede for 90 minutes while he once again puts in another terrible performance, here's a tip remi, drop the donkey and give kozak a proper chance as he will bust his gut to make something happen and is better than Gestede by a long way. Sinclair has no place in the team as does Richards. I don't think he will be signing anyone of note this window and feel he will be left to deal with the shit squad he has atm so it's a lose/lose situation for everybody. piss off you shower of pricks running us into the ground...

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Yet one stands as a spare goal post, the other has scored goals when he's played in the under 21s.  Both are probably shite, but the goal post has done nothing to keep the other out of the team.

I'm leaning towards the stubborn fool myself.

I respect your opinion 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He told some young fans today "I didn't leave you, you need to ask Mr Lerner", implying he was pushed or sacked...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He would, but it would also reflect badly on him. He'd go down, statistically, as the worst manager in the clubs history. Regardless of the myriad of excuses people want to make for his exploits here (and not all of those excuses are without merit may I add), the fact remains that his results have been absolutely awful, and he hasn't demonstrated any qualities that a remotely good manager has. 

So one would wonder what sort of 'work' he'd pick up if he were to leave. 

I was thinking more of TV like he was doing before he took over.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

How bad does Kozak have to be to not get picked ahead of probably one of the worst strikers I have seen in my 40 odd years as a Villa fan.?

Honestly, they will probably turn out to be both bad.  But persisting with the one that continues to fail you game after game, and strictly ommiting the other that has done nothing wrong to demonstrate he is any worse just smacks of pride before sense. Stubbornness can be the worst trait in anyone.

Even though things are really bad right now I still find it hard to see how much would change if we bought in somebody else. It's clear that there's something seriously wrong with this group of players and I think he should have the chance to start afresh in the summer.

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

He told some young fans today "I didn't leave you, you need to ask Mr Lerner", implying he was pushed or sacked...

I don't trust a word that cretin says. He's full of BS.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Honestly, they will probably turn out to be both bad.  But persisting with the one that continues to fail you game after game, and strictly ommiting the other that has done nothing wrong to demonstrate he is any worse just smacks of pride before sense. Stubbornness can be the worst trait in anyone.

I find his constant ommission bizarre given the mess we're in.

At this point I don't know what he has to lose by giving Kozak a chance. I don't think many people would begrudge him trying something different as long as he wasn't chopping and changing both players and positions every match like Sherwood did.

Â