The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

he's actually performed the unbelievable. Be less effective than Sherwood, which outrages me as by proxy I logically must award some tiny segment of credit to that cockney blaggart, simply to differentiate him from Garde.

I like Remi quite a lot.

I am a bit concerned about him in the Championship, will he get us even to the play-offs? I'm not sure he will.

We'll have a better idea after this window how much he's going to be backed. If we bring in some good players and show signs of improvement, I don't mind sticking with him.

What would be the absolute worst thing is we stick with him all the way through to November 2016, then sack him when we're 19th in the Championship. So bearing in mind our form with making bad decisions, what do you think will happen?

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

moyes on a 6 month contract  

If Moyes is on the market then at this stage I would sack Garde and bring Moyes in, on the condition that Moyes wouldn't mind giving it a go next season.

Moyes is a vastly superior manager.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I like Remi quite a lot.

I am a bit concerned about him in the Championship, will he get us even to the play-offs? I'm not sure he will.

We'll have a better idea after this window how much he's going to be backed. If we bring in some good players and show signs of improvement, I don't mind sticking with him.

What would be the absolute worst thing is we stick with him all the way through to November 2016, then sack him when we're 19th in the Championship. So bearing in mind our form with making bad decisions, what do you think will happen?

We won't spend the money required to compete regardless of who the manager is what I think.

Years of languishing in the championship (or worse) awaits unless we spend on quality.

Vastly inexperienced manager doing no better, in fact I'd say worse, than the last one. Why we insist on trying to play snail's pace tempo possession football is the most baffling thing of all, especially given the players clearly aren't suited to it and we allow the opponent to get back in numbers every time with backward passes instead of getting it forward quickly to exploit the counter.

• Like 2

That could well be a team that lines up in the championship if there are not major changes. Are they really going to get us challenging at the top of the league? I think we'd be lucky to be mid table. They all need clearing out.

As for the manager, there's been absolutely no impact from him.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The players he has inherited are simply not good enough

Yet he seems to be attempting to have us play a highly technical possession game, although playing a big target man who can trap a ball further than I can kick it up front on his own, which the players aren't suited to rather than adjusting to their inadequacies.

• Like 1

Â