The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

It was a bad move getting an inexperienced manager in considering the situation we were in but I honestly think a Pulis or Allerdyce would also struggle with the players we have got. We know the club will stick with Garde and I think it's the right thing to do. If we go half way through the next season without being near the top of the Championship then a change will be needed. Until then let's see what the can can build.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

The problem with Alardyce, Moyes, Pearson and so on, is that they may well do a better job than Garde in the current situation, but Garde was appointed for the long term, to clean up the mess and start something new. Alardyce, moyes and Pearson would all throw Gabby right back in and buy 5 more Lescotts/N'zogbias/Senderos/Coles, who the next manager would want to remove again. Garde is here to remove those types of players and try to start a new club philosophy. Though I have not been impressed with him so far. 

I don't want change now. It's pointless. But if nothing really improves I will want a change in the summer. 

44 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

The fans in that video are shocking but this is what happens when the club refuses to communicate with fans, the anger spills over into stupidity. I think the players smiling and laughing as they got on the coach should be sacked or publicly disciplined. If Remi had anything about him he would have stopped and put the fans in their place. Imagine what clough or fergie would have done in that situation 

The communication from the club to fans is poor but that doesnt mean the fans should act in this way. I think the point about sacking or disciplining the players for smiling or laughing is well OTT imo. Ask yourself this, if some bloke was shouting the same at you how would you react? I know i wouldnt be as pleasant...Them smiling or laughing is them showing how pathetic the bloke sounds shouting all the rubbish he was aiming at them. IF he was shouting something a bit more constructive and they reacted like this then absolutely the players would be wrong. but not in this case...

Edited by leighavfc

13 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

The problem with Alardyce, Moyes, Pearson and so on, is that they may well do a better job than Garde in the current situation, but Garde was appointed for the long term, to clean up the mess and start something new. Alardyce, moyes and Pearson would all throw Gabby right back in and buy 5 more Lescotts/N'zogbias/Senderos/Coles, who the next manager would want to remove again. Garde is here to remove those types of players and try to start a new club philosophy. Though I have not been impressed with him so far. 

To be fair to Moyes I reckon he provided a better balance and signed some talented attacking players at Everton.  He was very rarely wasteful in the transfer market.  I agree with you in general though, Garde is here as a long term manager but whether the club, the players, the fans and himself can completely knock the stuffing out of him before the summer I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Does anyone think Garde is getting fed up of the Villa already? Some of his comments after the game suggest so to me after reading them.

Thought the same to be honest. If he and the players keep getting this level of abuse, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

We're all frustrated but berating the players as they're getting on the bus isn't the way forward. He shouldn't really have been able to get that close in all honesty

• Like 1

What that guy is doing is pretty stupid however I have no sympathy at all for the players. They are a disgrace and they should be ashamed. They might be shit but if they showed half the fight that Wycombe did today we obviously would've won.

18 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

The philosophy is a load of bollocks and has resulted in us being as good as down in January. Our long term future may or may not involve premier league football, we still have to get back up, and that's not easy. 

Moyes would have always been a much better choice both for the short and long term. He's good manager who understands football and his Everton teams always had a very good balance between flair and grafters. 

1 minute ago, benireduk said:

Thought the same to be honest. If he and the players keep getting this level of abuse, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

We're all frustrated but berating the players as they're getting on the bus isn't the way forward. He shouldn't really have been able to get that close in all honesty

If so then it's more of a sign of him being totally out of depth. It would be a convenient excuse for him to leave after being nothing short of a failure here. His tactics aren't working and he is not getting any sort of response out of these players. 

Â