Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Doesn't part of the tax that people pay in Barcelona go to the club?

They've been the de facto national team of Catalonia since the Spanish civil war (and possibly before that too) but I've never heard anything about them receiving money directly from the Catalan taxpayer.  I'd be interested to read about it if anybody can show they have.  

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They've been the de facto national team of Catalonia since the Spanish civil war (and possibly before that too) but I've never heard anything about them receiving money directly from the Catalan taxpayer.  I'd be interested to read about it if anybody can show they have.  

It could be bullshit tbh. I remember reading it somewhere a few years back.

Let me see if I can find something. If not then it's bullshit most likely...

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Villa?  I believe Acorns was just an attempt to drive the value of the space on the front of our shirts up. Cause a bit of a stir in popular media then maybe get a few million quid extra next time the space is up for sale. I doubt it paid off financially but I can see what they were trying. 

Acorns was at the time Man Utd et al were signing massive sponsorship deals. Villa couldn't get anywhere near those deals but thought they could. So a year with acorns and build 'the brand' was thought to be better (gambled) than being tied to a sponsor for less money for a few years.

Proud for it to be on our shirts and great for Acorns but it was a business decision which was probably wrong, not just an act of kindness.

That said it would be nice if it could be our second sponsor as I'm sure it's not massive revenue.

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Spurs new home shirt for next season looks pretty classy tbf. Hopefully we will end up with something similar. 

image.jpeg

Would be interesting if ours was similar, with the blue going across the top of the shirt in a similar fashion.

20 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

There's a lot of stuff about them receiving tax breaks and state funding but nothing specially about a percentage of tax going to the club. 

Ah right. I know real Madrid are (or used to be) part owned by the government, something to do with the team being like a national asset,so have never been short on cash

I said it in it's own thread, but the new badge, although subtle, is definitely a big improvement. 

Particularly the white border, which looks much better. Note that lmarsha hasn't included that on his shirts.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â