Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Suggested the same, but be careful not to be accused of being a traitor on here for suggesting a fresh, modern approach! To stand out from the Burnleys, Scunthorpes and West Hams etc.

Who on here is saying that, really? I know we have some interesting characters on this forum but I've not seen someone post anything like that so I'm going to put it down to hyperbole on your part.

FWIW I think they'll play the first one safe and do a standard home kit. Interested to see what they'll do for the away though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Suggested the same, but be careful not to be accused of being a traitor on here for suggesting a fresh, modern approach! To stand out from the Burnleys, Scunthorpes and West Hams etc.

Yep, this in our colours please, talented graphics people.

Spurs-16-17-Kit-Leaked%2B%25282%2529.jpg

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Who on here is saying that, really? I know we have some interesting characters on this forum but I've not seen someone post anything like that so I'm going to put it down to hyperbole on your part.

FWIW I think they'll play the first one safe and do a standard home kit. Interested to see what they'll do for the away though.

I have no time for hyperbole, nor can I be arsed going through and finding the many examples of it during my long tenure as a member of this forum. That said, for me it is a bit less about the colours, and MORE about the application of them. How much flexibility does ONLY the option of solid claret body and solid blue sleeves leave?

7 hours ago, Ginko said:

I just hope Under Armour actually do our kits in a shade of claret like Nike used to do rather than a pink like Macron's efforts the last few years.

I liked the shade of claret from last season, it's also easily my favorite kit from Macron. 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have no time for hyperbole, nor can I be arsed going through and finding the many examples of it during my long tenure as a member of this forum. That said, for me it is a bit less about the colours, and MORE about the application of them. How much flexibility does ONLY the option of solid claret body and solid blue sleeves leave?

I've been here a while too and never seen anyone call anyone a traitor for wanting a shirt that isn't claret body and blue sleeves so I think we'll agree to disagree on that one.

I don't mind a bit of variation from the standard, but I do love the classic look. This was my last favourite home shirt:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

So how do we know it's happening then?

Can't keep it totally under wraps given that papers have more than likely been signed - as a result, every newspaper knows it.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-unveil-under-armour-10768111

Aston Villa to unveil Under Armour as new kit manufacturers.

• Aston Villa's new kit next season is likely to be manufactured by USA brand Under Armour.

The Premier League strugglers have lined up a major kit deal with the brand who provide kit for Spurs and also the Wales rugby team.

Our colleagues at The Mirror today report that the the potentially lucrative contract is understood to include significant financial reductions in the event of relegation.

Villa prop up the Premier League with just 12 points from 22 matches with 16 fixtures left and are 10 points from safety.

Edited by islingtonclaret
Whoops! Breached guidelines AGAIN

On 9 May 2016 at 12:56, lmarsha_926 said:

CiA0ecDXEAA4qOT.pngCiA0eVuWUAI9whW.png

I quite like these, the blacks much better than the horrible yellow from this season. 

Incidentally did you post these on Twitter too? Just seen a link to them on another site. 

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That is **** dreadful :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa????

nst0cp.gif

I loved that green, red and black shirt from back in the day. Those colour on the red/black Sao Paolo template would be mint!

sao-paulo-fc-2015-under-armour-jersey-1.

Edited by StanBalaban

I loved those colours too, but they look really bad on that mockup!

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely mockup in terms of how it's made. It just doesn't work.

Â