Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

Going to have a hard time selling the club to any of the top manufacturers with the way we are currently performing.

Macron have actually done really well for us IMO. I was always a little disappointed though that our kits were never up to the standard of the Lazio and Napoli Macron kits.

Going to have a hard time selling the club to any of the top manufacturers with the way we are currently performing.

Macron have actually done really well for us IMO. I was always a little disappointed though that our kits were never up to the standard of the Lazio and Napoli Macron kits.

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

All shitter than us and have had Adidas manufacture their kits either last season or this. 

I have liked some of the Macron shirts but overall not great. Our current away one is awful.

• Like 1

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

All shitter than us and have had Adidas manufacture their kits either last season or this. 

I have liked some of the Macron shirts but overall not great. Our current away one is awful.

Right, and how much do you think Adidas are paying these teams?

• Like 2

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

Apart from possibly Sunderland, it'll be absolutely nothing.

There's a difference between having a company supply your kits and having a company sponsor you as kit manufacturer.

Macron pay us. I doubt Adidas pay any of those on that list. Apart from, as I said, POSSIBLY Sunderland

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

Apart from possibly Sunderland, it'll be absolutely nothing.

There's a difference between having a company supply your kits and having a company sponsor you as kit manufacturer.

Macron pay us. I doubt Adidas pay any of those on that list. Apart from, as I said, POSSIBLY Sunderland

Yep. My point exactly.

• Like 1

As much as I'd like an Adidas kit or a Nike kit, I don't think either of those will want to pay us.

I'll take the manufacturer that pays us the most.

At the end of the day, what your kit looks like doesn't really matter.

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

Not a lot, but nobody said anything about that.

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

Ah, So was this a fantasy style thread?

If so then I would like Puma. Think they've made some excellent kits.

As much as I'd like an Adidas kit or a Nike kit, I don't think either of those will want to pay us.

How much have Macron been paying us? 

£15 million over the duration of the deal according to this.

Ah, So was this a fantasy style thread?

If so then I would like Puma. Think they've made some excellent kits.

It's me asking if anyone has heard anything or if there's been any news on it that I may have missed.

Any news on this? 

Ok. I must have misunderstood what you meant by "Last year of Macron, hope its Adidas"

I was merely pointing out that Adidas would be very unlikely what with the club trying to generate maximum revenue.

I could see brands like New Balance, Under Armour or even Warrior looking at us.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Sunderland

Forest

Fulham

Brentford

Cardiff

Ipswich

Well you did, sort of. SBS said that we'd have a hard time selling the club to a top manufacturer. You then quoted a load of teams who have adidas as their kit supplier as, I assume, a counter to that point.

The point is the club wasn't sold to Adidas on any of those occasions. The clubs pay Adidas for the kits in those cases (I would assume). 

So in an ideal world I'd agree with you. Adidas would be great.

But realistically, Villa are still in a position where we can get a manufacturer to pay us to supply our kit. But it's very unlikely that that supplier will be as big as Adidas.

Edited by Stevo985

How much have Macron been paying us? 

£5m a year IIRC

No doubt we will go for the highest bidder whoever they may be. Now is not the best time for us to do a deal but the same has been the case for a number of years now so anything above what we now get for a half decent kit would be a result.  

Â