Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't remember the last time we wore a new kit in the last game of the preceding season.

It certainly hasn't happened since the start of the nike days which was about 10 years ago.

So I'd say there's very close to zero chance of that happening this time.

Given the exposure that the last day of the Premier League season gets across the world, it would only be possible to do this if you were staying with the same manufacturer from this season to next.  Otherwise the outgoing manufacturer would never forego their final day in the sun in order to help someone else hawk their wares.  So I'm going to say there is definitely zero chance of it happening this season.

Yes, good point. Not going to happen.

Plus with a  new manufacturer we'd have had a big unveiling by now if we were going to debut a new kit.

Edited by Stevo985

I don't think it's limited to just manufacturers but sponsors too. I believe that for at least the last three years we've had a different sponsor so we've not been able to showcase a new kit early as the deals presumably run for the entire length of a season.

Edited by Ginko

Would be nice to see a leaked pic though, I miss pallet gate and sport shop worker boy :(

Delphino knows what's up, hogging the knowledge all coy like ;) 

The thought of a big kit launch makes me cringe. They should just use mannequins as we are short of players that want to wear the shirt !

i think our nicest jersey was in the mid 90s, vertical striped muller one. in fact i bought one in the villa shop in birmingham when i was over for the southampton game, even got saunders 9 on the back ; )

Edited by Richie k

31 minutes ago, Richie k said:

i think our nicest jersey was in the mid 90s, vertical striped muller one. in fact i bought one in the villa shop in birmingham when i was over for the southampton game, even got saunders 9 on the back ; )

imagine the green away kit again?

(sorry for stealing your template, lmarshall)

FMTs6wd.jpg

• Like 4

why is our kit manufacturer and sponsor getting worst season by season? it would be less embarrassing to have no sponsor at all and the shirts made by the local junior school kids.

43 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

why is our kit manufacturer and sponsor getting worst season by season? it would be less embarrassing to have no sponsor at all and the shirts made by the local junior school kids.

It's not.

Under Armour is much better than Macron.

• Like 4

Under Armour are the 3rd biggest sportswear brand in the world, clear ahead of Puma in 4th and only behind Nike and Adidas.

They sponsor Steph Curry who is the biggest marketing draw in sport in 2016.

They'll do okay for us.

46 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

Out of curiosity, how do you define "worst"? These are companies paying us to promote their brand - the only thing on which to judge them is how much they are paying.

• Like 2

Â