Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Fair point.

I find it very hard to believe however that we are anywhere near being in a problem area after so many seasons of austerity.

I certainly think we can afford to have a net spend this season of more than 8 million quid. Spending an extra say 20 million this window is very unlikely to see us in breach of any FFP rules. That would be a prudent amount for a club that wants to fight relegation or build to get promoted again first try.

Unfortunately it seems once again we are going to half ass a transfer window and get neither survival nor players we need to come back up.

I don't really know our financial situation obviously, but I'm going off Fox's description of us the other day as 'a massively loss-making business'. I doubt we could afford £20m - maybe we could manage half that. I think we could afford at least one decent striker, which at this point is all I expect (in the sense of 'son, I expect you not to laugh at grandma's hare lip', not the sense of 'I expect the sun to set in the west tomorrow'). 

8 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

It's about buying with your heart or your head. I feel like we won't be part exchanging the old Rover 75 just yet.

A 75?! Your flattery will get you nowhere, Mr Ambassador.

If we were a car, we'd be shot-full of holes, have a rear suspension that you have little confidence in and, up front, one wheel that doesn't move very much.  I think I just described a Reliant Robin.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

A 75?! Your flattery will get you nowhere, Mr Ambassador.

If we were a car, we'd be shot-full of holes, have a rear suspension that you have little confidence in and, up front, one wheel that doesn't move very much.  I think I just described a Reliant Robin.

& it seems we still cannot find a tenner down the back of a sofa to put some petrol into it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Sunderland offering Swansea 10m plus Borini for Andre Ayew.

Surely we could do 8m plus Nzogbia and/or Gabby?!

Might also be inclined to come for obvious reasons also. Apparently Sunderland are trying to hijack our move for Debuchy, and we are very much in the "race" for Loic Remy.

50 minutes ago, chappy said:

And Sinclair. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling we will sign a "unknown" striker from abroad on loan if anyone comes in at all. what we would do for a dion dublin type impact striker

You after a new house?

• Like 1

10m plus Sinclair. I reckon they might take that.

We wouldn't offer 10p. The board have said spending big money doesn't but success, the white flag is waving. I worry this board will get us relegated from the Championship with their "plan"

• Like 1

Surely even our club isn't as daft as to not sign a striker this window? Like, not even a loan signing? Surely it makes more financial sense to stay in the PL than it does to not sign players and get relegated? This is the year of all the years that we should be doing everything in our power to stay up. We need another Darren Bent, Randy. Someone tell him it could be a loan too!

Edited by Keyblade

Ayew will be on silly wages at Swansea! Plus he won't come here.

Remy? No chance.

Rhodes is one we should look at purely due to his record in the league below which we will be stuck in for years to come.