Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

38 minutes ago, mwj said:

Sure. Who do you think their target demographic is? "Aston Villa Venezuela Dutch transfer rumours espanol version"?

More likely our friend (or his agent) is trying to manufacture a move and has a buddy at Marca

I'm not disputing that mr santos probably is trying to drum up business. You'll notice that doesn't mean there's anything in the rumour. So why do marca report it? Do they have a reporter on the Aston villa beat, carefully probing sources at the club? Obviously, no. They run it because reporting transfer rumours related to premier league clubs - true or otherwise - drives up their click count from google traffic. 

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just seen Kalinic, Santos & Debuchy hurtling down the M6 driven by someone looking awfully similar to Kiyotake, Belhanda is tied to the roof and Dale Stephens is in the boot.

Nice, surely little Wesley Sneijder was in the middle of the back seats too? Wow, sounds like Remi is lining up an 8 chair press conference for next week. 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Nice, surely little Wesley Sneijder was in the middle of the back seats too? Wow, sounds like Remi is lining up an 8 chair press conference for next week. 

what about milner? is he already here?

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Someone on the Stoke forum says Marc Wilson joining us for 4.5m.

Always struck me as average but has been a regular for Stoke last 5 years. Can play RB, LB, CH and DM.

He's terrible, makes big mistakes too often.  If we got rid of Lescott and replaced him with Wilson then it wouldn't be an upgrade imo. 

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Someone on the Stoke forum says Marc Wilson joining us for 4.5m.

Always struck me as average but has been a regular for Stoke last 5 years. Can play RB, LB, CH and DM.

He is average but he is still better than some of the dross we have here currently. I actually wouldn't be against this transfer even for that price. Could do a good job in the championship too.