The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Are those enormous schoolchildren, or is he really, REALLY tiny?

He is surprisingly short. 5 foot 7 I believe.

Nothing wrong with that I just think his quite gangly build means you naturally think he's really tall.

michael Gove is one of the tallest cabinet members I think. Which is again quite surprising, but that's probably because my opinion of him is so low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

It was the clarification that he preferred Mexican Coke that slayed me. 

What makes that even better is that the difference with Mexican Coke isn't even a thing in the UK, both recipes have pretty much the same ingredients, it's only US coke that uses high fructose corn syrup because it's massively subsidised over there, so he's just copied some random American opinion, presumably in an attempt to seem "cool".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

What makes that even better is that the difference with Mexican Coke isn't even a thing in the UK, both recipes have pretty much the same ingredients, it's only US coke that uses high fructose corn syrup because it's massively subsidised over there, so he's just copied some random American opinion, presumably in an attempt to seem "cool".

He did live in USA for quite a bit of time to be fair to him. I'm not sure liking Mexican Coke is a particularly "cool" opinion to have either. I had no idea what it even was and nothing about the video posted seems particularly "cool". 

There's enough to dislike the current government before without resorting to reading things in to a pretty meaningless conversation with a couple of kids. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I feel like it it was a trickle of rain before a big storm is coming.

At some point hes going to have put an end to the Furlough scheme, thats when the shit will hit the fan 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

At some point hes going to have put an end to the Furlough scheme, thats when the shit will hit the fan 

I agree with that. What i dont agree with  if businesses were given grants and coveribg a percentages of peoples wages is businesses still sacking people

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with that. What i dont agree with  if businesses were given grants and coveribg a percentages of peoples wages is businesses still sacking people

We will ever know the true cost of fraud to to the tax payer

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We will ever know the true cost of fraud to to the tax payer

He's putting a bunch of money into anti fraud, maybe part of their remit will be to investigate some of these things. 

I heard Andy Street name checked in The Budget but didn't hear what for.  Was is just a pat on the back for a fellow Tory or have they announced something specific for West Midlands? 

Â